Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice and guidance please ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice and guidance please ...

Well, my CU isn't going to budge on my late auto loan payments from a few years back.

I talked to the dispute department, and then wrote a letter to the CEO, which garnered me a response from the SVP of lending who said they can't ... blah blah blah ... it would be subjective, etc. 

I'm grateful for the reply, just disappointed. 

He did encourage me to include a personal statement in my credit report file, talking about why I was late. Not sure that will really help much. 

Oh well ... it was worth a try

Message 11 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minor update and annoyance ....

Still no Cap 1 secured reporting ... second statement cuts in a couple of weeks. Will be making a significant payment tomorrow on it and leaving a small balance to report on the statement. 

I had an old collection with VZW, Southwest Credit is the CA. I got an offer in the mail from them, if I paid half of it they would consider it settled. So I replied via phone call, set up the payment, it was taken out. And naturally they updated the balance but didn't mark it as settled. So I am disputing with the three CRAs. I sent a copy of the settlement offer in with the dispute, and obviously they know the payment has been made. It's not a huge deal, but it's just another addition to a crappy morning. 

Hoping to pay off two more baddies tomorrow and see where we go from here. 

For those reading ... especially those just getting started ... please understand that I'm venting, but if I hadn't have started taking steps I wouldn't be seeing small, incremental gains. To that end I would encourage all of you ... don't wait, get started now. And try to do something everyday that improves your situation. It's not a full-time job, but you must work at it daily. And clearly you must be patient, and that's the hardest part for me

Message 12 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your hsbc 5/09 will fall off in May as that is the 7 year mark.  It's looks as if one of your collection accounts is a duplicate.   Same amount same company different year?? I would check that account carefully before I paid it twice. 

Message 13 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your hsbc 5/09 will fall off in May as that is the 7 year mark.  It's looks as if one of your collection accounts is a duplicate.   Same amount same company different year?? I would check that account carefully before I paid it twice. 

Actually that was EE'd last month ... I haven't done a comprehensive update yet Smiley Happy 

But you're right about the same amount same company, etc ... I'm looking into it

Message 14 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

So an update of sorts ...

Negs - 

HSBC - Charge Off - not sure if this is an old bank account or an old CC - $245 - DoFD 5/09 EE'd

Peoples Gas - Charge Off - $96 - DoFD 3/13

Verizon - Charge Off - $622 - DoFD 3/15 Settled with CA for half, they are to report as settled, but instead reported the remaining half balance. I'm disputing

Collections

Receivable Solutions American Current Care (medical) $70   DoFD 12/13

IC Systems AT&T $95   DoFD 9/12 PFD

Harris and Harris North Shore Gas $96   DoFD 9/12

Contract Callers North Shore Gas $96   DoFD 9/14

Contract Callers ComEd $184   DoFD - 9/12

Americollect Bellin (medical) $199   DoFD 4/15

Diversified Consultants Dish $253   DoFD 2/11

Cavalry Portfolio HSBC $439   DoFD 3/12

Enhanced Recovery Sprint $1,333   DoFD 7/13

In addition I now have an auto loan reporting, this will be the third month of on-time payments.

I'm signed up for CCT, and that $15 a month is going on my Cap 1 (see next entry)

I appd for and received the Cap1 Secured card in January. Reported an $8 balance for January. This month I used it heavy, up to $137, but paid it off in full on Friday. This weekend I'll be traveling so I'll use it for gas/etc, and will pay off to $10-$20 before the statement cuts on the 22nd. After which I'll pay in full.

I also appd and was approved last Friday for a Discover secured. Just a $200 deposit for now, but I may increase it, depending on what shakes out with Cap 1 after my third month. I plan to push for an unsecured card after that. 

I'm still entertaining the idea of a Fingerhut (not sure if it would be a straight approval or their FreshStart) ... I'm just having a hard time swallowing the idea of paying more than retail for it just for the sake of securing the revolver. 

Any thoughts on that? 

Message 15 of 59
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I wouldn't bother with fingerhut.  You now have two revolvers plus an installment.  In another month or two you should be able to get a Cap One unsecured, or you could go with something like an Open Sky secured to have the third revolver.

What are your scores at now?

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 16 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EAJuggalo wrote:

I wouldn't bother with fingerhut.  You now have two revolvers plus an installment.  In another month or two you should be able to get a Cap One unsecured, or you could go with something like an Open Sky secured to have the third revolver.

What are your scores at now?

Still low 500s ... but I'm two months in with Cap1 secured, and have been using it heavily and paying it down (this month I've used it to $137 and paid it all off last Friday) ... and will be using it again pretty heavily this weekend). So I'm leaning toward your suggestion of just not bothering with FH. It'll be a last resort at this point I think

Message 17 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa ... logged into CCT just a few minutes ago and my EX (Fico 8??) score jumped 50 points! 

I'm still trying to figure out why. Cap1 isn't reporting that I can tell, Discover shows as an inquiry, but that wouldn't create an increase usually. 

I'm confused to say the least ... 

Message 18 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa ... logged into CCT just a few minutes ago and my EX (Fico 8??) score jumped 50 points! 

I'm still trying to figure out why. Cap1 isn't reporting that I can tell, Discover shows as an inquiry, but that wouldn't create an increase usually. 

Congrats!!!

The day my 2 Cap1 CC's posted my scores dropped a few points. Smiley Frustrated

Message 19 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do a side by side comparison with an earlier report.

Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.