Did you mean: 

Advice and guidance please ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice and guidance please ...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa ... logged into CCT just a few minutes ago and my EX (Fico 8??) score jumped 50 points! 

I'm still trying to figure out why. Cap1 isn't reporting that I can tell, Discover shows as an inquiry, but that wouldn't create an increase usually. 

I'm confused to say the least ... 

Do a side by side comparison with an earlier report.

I have ... the only thing that I see that is obvious is that my "time since negative" has changed from 0.7 to 0.1. But wouldn't that make it worse? 

OK and then in "factors" it says, under Factors Helping your Score" that I have no serious delinquency. Looking at the previous report, it said I have "Negative Items"  and under that it said I had one account that was 60 days late or worse, but that's not on the new report, hence the no serious delinquency. 

But I don't know what changed that. 

And also under factors hurting your score, it shows I have "Few current accounts" (though our new auto loan is on there and listed as paid/current). It also shows "No Revolving Activity" and "No Credit Card Activity"  (Both of which will change once my Cap 1 and Discover secured start reporting)

Message 21 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa ... logged into CCT just a few minutes ago and my EX (Fico 8??) score jumped 50 points! 

I'm still trying to figure out why. Cap1 isn't reporting that I can tell, Discover shows as an inquiry, but that wouldn't create an increase usually. 

I'm confused to say the least ... 

Do a side by side comparison with an earlier report.

I have ... the only thing that I see that is obvious is that my "time since negative" has changed from 0.7 to 0.1. But wouldn't that make it worse? 

OK and then in "factors" it says, under Factors Helping your Score" that I have no serious delinquency. Looking at the previous report, it said I have "Negative Items"  and under that it said I had one account that was 60 days late or worse, but that's not on the new report, hence the no serious delinquency. 

But I don't know what changed that. 

And also under factors hurting your score, it shows I have "Few current accounts" (though our new auto loan is on there and listed as paid/current). It also shows "No Revolving Activity" and "No Credit Card Activity"  (Both of which will change once my Cap 1 and Discover secured start reporting)

My CCT Ex factors say the same things; under Factors it says "High Credit Usage" Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits 26% but I'm at 1% (and my summary supports it), "Few Current Accounts" Number of your accounts currently being paid as agreed 2 accounts but I have 10 & "No Installment Loans" You have no recent activity from a non-mortgage installment loan but I have 1. So like you, my EX score is being drug down by false stats even within their own report.

Message 22 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input skybuilder.... 

My confusion continues. 

So I disputed with TU that settlement of an old Verizon account. I did it through CK due to simplicity. To quickly summarize, I had a $622 balance, with a CA, who made me an offer of paying half and they would report it as "resolved in full." So I called and accepted the offer, made the payment. But it still reported as closed-derogatory and with the remaining balance reporting. So I disputed it. 

CK came back today and the response was "TU has included new information on your report." 

Near as I can tell the only thing different is it reports "Open-Derogatory" and the balance ist still reporting. But my FAKOs both jumped significantly, TU by 13 points and EQ by 37. I haven't checked CCT yet today.  

What gives??? 

Message 23 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well ... I finally received my Discover Secured Card, I think it was yesterday, and it's already reporting on Experian at least. Logged into CCT and I had a jump of 24 points. Now if my Cap One Secured would report! My second statement cuts tomorrow so I'm hoping it shows up then. 

Five days till I can do a full 3B pull, I may wait on that, depending on what's going on with Cap One. 

I'm also hoping I can get into an unsecured Cap One card soon ... 

Message 24 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well ... I finally received my Discover Secured Card, I think it was yesterday, and it's already reporting on Experian at least. Logged into CCT and I had a jump of 24 points. Now if my Cap One Secured would report! My second statement cuts tomorrow so I'm hoping it shows up then. 

Five days till I can do a full 3B pull, I may wait on that, depending on what's going on with Cap One. 

I'm also hoping I can get into an unsecured Cap One card soon ... 

On my last 3B cycle with CCT I waited several extra days to pull my reports and it seemed to me that the reports contained info specific to the date they became available. Like you, I was looking for a couple of things to show up that didn't.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Message 25 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 FINALLY reported today, after my second statement.

Boosted my EX score by 20 points and put me in the 600 club! Woot!
Message 26 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Cap 1 FINALLY reported today, after my second statement.

Boosted my EX score by 20 points and put me in the 600 club! Woot!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Message 27 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Patients it's going to take some time. You've made some mistakes like many of us here. Don't let it take over your life. A year from now you'll be in a much better place. I've gone through the same thing with scores around 526 and 14 months later I'm mid to high 700's. Hang in there, keep good records. Information is power, so study as much as you can read here. 

Message 28 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

A score update: 

I knew I had a 3B report to pull over the weekend, but I wanted to wait til today to do so. 

Feb 26 scores

EX - 510

TU - 499

EQ - 506

Mar 28 scores

EX - 604

TU - 538

EQ - 572

Overall I'm pleased. Having one in the 600s is very encouraging. TU is reporting the most baddies so I've got some work to do there. My plan at the moment is to check the cap one prequal site and see if I can get into an unsecured card. CK puts my odds on getting one as "fair" though I know that's a very arbitrary assessment. 

Hoping I can get one unsecured card (I may try going for both if it looks encouraging) and then I'm hitting the garden and focusing on cleaning up TU, as well as the others. 

Message 29 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Careful with CK!q They get paid for their advisement's and many people here on my fico have gone to CK and looked at these supposedly pre approved cards, only to find out that they are rejected. Do some research here and look at scores need to get various credit cards. Much more prudent and successful. 

Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.