Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for Dealing with National Grid?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice for Dealing with National Grid?

I owe National Grid a couple hundred from about five years back. I'd like to get the collection off, since it's due to be on until Spring 2018. What I've heard though is they're impossible to GW or PFD. 

The other thing with them is they're showing up on my Equifax report as 3 tradelines, one opened per year: 2008, 2009, 2010. Is this even normal? I moved around a few times while in the town where I had to use them. The first two are fine. The last was reporting the charge-off every month (minus a year here and there) until sometime this fall, but it was also in collections with another company (Mercantile Adjustment) most of that time. However, to make it further complicated, I don't see that collections account listed on my Equifax report. Wat?

I don't even know if it would be better to leave it alone, since if the collection account becomes listed on that report, it could lower my score I think. 

Man, I wish reporting wasn't so sloppy and that scoring wasn't so confusing. I'd love to just pay it off (when I'm back out of being unemployed, anyway) and be done with it, but it doesn't seem like that would help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice for Dealing with National Grid?

@Anonymous wrote:

I owe National Grid a couple hundred from about five years back. I'd like to get the collection off, since it's due to be on until Spring 2018. What I've heard though is they're impossible to GW or PFD. 

The other thing with them is they're showing up on my Equifax report as 3 tradelines, one opened per year: 2008, 2009, 2010. Is this even normal? If you had different accounts with them then it would be proper, if you only had 1 number at different locations then it would be a problem and only 1 should be reporting.

I moved around a few times while in the town where I had to use them. The first two are fine. The last was reporting the charge-off every month (minus a year here and there) until sometime this fall, but it was also in collections with another company (Mercantile Adjustment) most of that time. However, to make it further complicated, I don't see that collections account listed on my Equifax report. Wat? Be glad the CA isnt listed I would not bring it anyones attention. I would be talking with National Grid to settle the account(s) before they send it off to another collector, you might try with NG having them recall the collectors in exchange for full payment on the account.

I don't even know if it would be better to leave it alone, since if the collection account becomes listed on that report, it could lower my score I think. 

Man, I wish reporting wasn't so sloppy and that scoring wasn't so confusing. I'd love to just pay it off (when I'm back out of being unemployed, anyway) and be done with it, but it doesn't seem like that would help.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, sounds like solid advice. I don't want to touch it until I'm back to work again, but I could certainly prioritize that once I'm back to being able to pay things off. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have any luck with them, I have the same situation going on and don't know what to do about it...I offered PFD and they say they can't do that and to contact the CA...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.