cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for next course of action please.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice for next course of action please.

I have an OPEN collection account being reported to TransUnion.  Here are the details:

Creditor:  Why Not Leasing LLC

Amount:  $332

Date Opened: 2/5/2013

Date Updated: 1/5/2015

Last Payment Made: 3/14/2014

Pay Status: >Account 120 Days Past Due Date<

Long story short, I leased some furniture from this company and paid on time for over 7 months.  I was under the impression this was paid off.  The last payment I made on this account was over the phone and the agent told me that it was the last payment.  Unfortunately, I did not get this in writing.  This is all my mistake as I didnt pay close attention to this account due to other things happening in my life.  

I decided to make a call to the company and spoke with a rep that was nice but not very helpful.  I told them my story and then offered to pay in full if they would delete the account.  They told me that they dont make changes on the credit reports and that their "tax company" does that.  They then said that it would more than likely show " closed" after I pay it. They also decided to settle with "whatever I could afford" to give.  Although this was tempting, I backed off and said that I would need confirmation that it would be deleted first.  Again she stated that they do not make those decisions and said after I pay them "whatever I could afford" they would transfter me to Customer Service to discuss the credit reporting issues.  I told them that I wanted to speak with them first before I decide to make the payment.  The rep told me that she could not do that....she stated that Customer Service would not talk to me until payment was made.

I then told the agent that I will be sending them a letter outlining my offer of paying for deletion and ended the call. 

How do you guys think I should handle this? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Advice for next course of action please.

ObiWad wrote: 

I then told the agent that I will be sending them a letter outlining my offer of paying for deletion and ended the call. 

How do you guys think I should handle this? 

I think you should send them a letter outlining your offer of paying for deletion...

Examples:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Critique-my-PFD-offer-letter/m-p/3739184#M386...

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice for next course of action please.

If they are stating that they rely on their accountants to make decisions regarding credit reporting, you can bet that it will never get deleted simply by paying.

If you dont wish to pay without an agreement to delete, then send a formal written offer.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.