Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice from LO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice from LO

I had my credit pulled by a lending officer and he told me I had an unpaid judgment from 2005.  My report showed the judgement as filed, but not paid.  I went home and found a letter from the prosecuting attorney's office and the county courthouse saying it was paid in August of 2006.  My LO said that I needed to contact the original creditor and all 3 lending bureaus to have this updated.  Here are my questions:

1.  Any advice on how to word the letter?  I want to make sure they mark it as paid in 2006 and not 2011.

2.  Is this technically a dispute?  I am not disputing the debt, just the status.

3.  If it is a dispute, will that hurt my credit score (because now the account is currently active)

4.  How long does it usually take for bureaus to update info like this?

5.  Once it is marked as paid, will my credit score increase?

Any advice you have would be great!!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice from LO

I would get a credit report from all three bureaus. You can use www.annualcreditreports.com for this it free. you do not need to buy a score.  I would then dispute the judgment with each bureau that is reporting it. When you dispute it fax the informatiion showing it was paid as proof.

A second way would be is to ask your lender if they can do a rapid resolve?  This option is not cheap I will say that upfront. If yes show the LO the paperwork which will need to be sent to CRA for the rapid resolve.  This should take less than a week if lender has access to rapid resolve.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.