cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice is needed please !?!?!?!?!?

tag
Ms_Nu

Advice is needed please !?!?!?!?!?

I hope I didn't miss this as I searched the boards for keywords in relation to my issue, but if there is another post that I should have referred to, please forgive me.  I have sent off letters to the CRAs to delete and update address and while I am waiting I am preparing letters to send once I receive the results of those letters. I look on my credit reports and I have these pesky accounts that are listed in IIB. I know that if they are accurate then, they can be reported, but there are 2 that were still reporting as late and and a balance after my filing date. Does that constitute under inaccurate reporting and I can dispute for removal?

Also I had two collections pop up nearly a year after my BK 7 discharge one wasn't showing IIB until I disputed (before I found this site).  Isn't there something against this?

The final and biggest issue of them all is there was a collection account that shows on my husbands report placed for collection on 12/31/2012 but not reported to the CRA until 4/13/2013. We hadn't had a reason to pull the credit report and we were not due for our free one until recently. Anyway, its a medical collection from a month after I filed and its the bill from a physician during an emergency room visit. I called the hospital and they stated that the insurance company paid them two months after and it looks like the physician didn't have my insurance information even though the hospital did. What do I do? I'm calling my insurance company tomorrow to see if they will help, but I'm sure its after the "timely manner" payment, but hopefully due to the physicians office failing to retrieve information from the insurance company they would have to eat the debt. This is the first that I have ever heard of this debt and I've been to the ER before,and this has never occurred. If anyone knows any advice  for any of these issues that we are facing, please chime in. Remember any information is better than none. Get some posts to help with your member ranking. Thank you in advance.

Starting Score: 483
Current Score: 531
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Advice is needed please !?!?!?!?!?

If those two collections are for debt included in the BK, then yes, you can have them removed from your report. Contact the creditors directly rather than dispute to the CRA.

One letter ought to do it. It is a violation of the discharge injuction for the creditor to have sold your BK'ed debt to a collector and then the collector to put it on your CR.

Now, if this is for service after your BK filing date and was not included in your Bk, that is another issue.

Message 2 of 4
Ms_Nu

Great thank you. I wonder is there a template on the site for the discharge junction to which you are referring.

My husbands medical bill was for service after the BK riling, but I don't see how the physicians office was able to A) Charge so much B) not contact my insurance in a timely manner. That's why we pay almost $500 dollars a month for insurance, so we are not left with hefty bills like this.

Starting Score: 483
Current Score: 531
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would contact your BK attorney.  He/she would probably be able to take care of it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.