Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice is nice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice is nice!

Hi, guys!  I'm new to myFICO and the forum.  I'm thrilled to be working on my credit, finally, after a few mishaps when I was younger.

On my join date, 3/1/2015, my scores were EQ 616, TU 641, and EX 656.

Today, my EQ updated.  The results?  +26 to 642.

Here's the big picture:

CapitalOne Visa Platinum, opened 11/2011 with a $300 CL, twice 30days late and once 60days late.  Less than a month ago, I requested a CLI and was approved for a $500 increase, bringin my total CL to $800.

Discover More, opened 09/2012 with a $500 CL, never paid late.  About a month ago, I requested a CLI and was approved for $2500, bringing my total CL to $3000.

Signature Loan, opened 10/2012, totalling $3000, never paid late.  (Last payment this month... YAY!)

Prosper Loan, opened 11/2014, (at 31.25% fixed--OUCH!!!Smiley Frustrated) totalling $2000, never paid late.  As much as the interest rate hurts, my credit score was really low, and this loan allowed me to consolidate debt and--once again--begin building credit.  For that, I'm thankful.

Chase Freedom, opened 01/2015 with a $1200 CL, never paid late.

Standard credit card through my personal bank, opened 02/2015 with a $1000 CL, haven't made the first payment yet.

I don't know anyone my age with $6000 in available credit.  That makes me feel better.

I know that new credit hurts and I know that inquiries hurt.  I guess I caught a little bit of AMEX fever...  didn't get lucky.  But I'm going to lay off for a while.  I've got enough credit to get me through and I now know how to be responsible about it.  Why did CapitalOne give an 18-year-old kid a credit card?!Smiley LOL

My purpose for posting is that I'm open to any and all advice about building credit.  I've gotten in touch with CapitalOne and Discover and found out when they report to the bureaus... and it seems they report within 2 days after my statements generate.  Using this, I've been able to keep my utilization pretty low.  Generally, less than 10%.  Although I feel like the age of my accounts is really what's holding me back, the one thing I keep seeing is the lack of accounts "paid as agreed."  I missed 3 payments, the last of which was 8 months ago (between jobs, long story).  How long can this thing haunt me?!  Any advice y'all have to offer is appreciated, and I look forward to talking with ya!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice is nice!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, guys!  I'm new to myFICO and the forum.  I'm thrilled to be working on my credit, finally, after a few mishaps when I was younger.

On my join date, 3/1/2015, my scores were EQ 616, TU 641, and EX 656.

Today, my EQ updated.  The results?  +26 to 642.

Here's the big picture:

CapitalOne Visa Platinum, opened 11/2011 with a $300 CL, twice 30days late and once 60days late.  Less than a month ago, I requested a CLI and was approved for a $500 increase, bringin my total CL to $800.

Discover More, opened 09/2012 with a $500 CL, never paid late.  About a month ago, I requested a CLI and was approved for $2500, bringing my total CL to $3000.

Signature Loan, opened 10/2012, totalling $3000, never paid late.  (Last payment this month... YAY!)

Prosper Loan, opened 11/2014, (at 31.25% fixed--OUCH!!!Smiley Frustrated) totalling $2000, never paid late.  As much as the interest rate hurts, my credit score was really low, and this loan allowed me to consolidate debt and--once again--begin building credit.  For that, I'm thankful.

Chase Freedom, opened 01/2015 with a $1200 CL, never paid late.

Standard credit card through my personal bank, opened 02/2015 with a $1000 CL, haven't made the first payment yet.

I don't know anyone my age with $6000 in available credit.  That makes me feel better.

I know that new credit hurts and I know that inquiries hurt.  I guess I caught a little bit of AMEX fever...  didn't get lucky.  But I'm going to lay off for a while.  I've got enough credit to get me through and I now know how to be responsible about it.  Why did CapitalOne give an 18-year-old kid a credit card?!Smiley LOL

My purpose for posting is that I'm open to any and all advice about building credit.  I've gotten in touch with CapitalOne and Discover and found out when they report to the bureaus... and it seems they report within 2 days after my statements generate.  Using this, I've been able to keep my utilization pretty low.  Generally, less than 10%.  Although I feel like the age of my accounts is really what's holding me back, the one thing I keep seeing is the lack of accounts "paid as agreed."  I missed 3 payments, the last of which was 8 months ago (between jobs, long story).  How long can this thing haunt me?!  Any advice y'all have to offer is appreciated, and I look forward to talking with ya!

The lates will be with you for 7 years from the date each occurred on an open/closed in good standing account. They can be commuted by the creditor if they agree to give you a pass with a GW letter to them    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680   These lates are recent and are the biggest obstacle at the moment for you so I would be working to get them commuted.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lates will be with you for 7 years from the date each occurred on an open/closed in good standing account. They can be commuted by the creditor if they agree to give you a pass with a GW letter to them    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto... These lates are recent and are the biggest obstacle at the moment for you so I would be working to get them commuted.

I will give it a shot and see what it turns up!  The link you pasted is broken, but I'll find it in the forum!  Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The lates will be with you for 7 years from the date each occurred on an open/closed in good standing account. They can be commuted by the creditor if they agree to give you a pass with a GW letter to them    These lates are recent and are the biggest obstacle at the moment for you so I would be working to get them commuted.

I will give it a shot and see what it turns up!  The link you pasted is broken, but I'll find it in the forum!  Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Sorry bout that.         http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.