Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed -- Medical collection

tag
notyours
Contributor

Advice needed -- Medical collection

I have a medical collection on my credit report.

I sent them a DV they sent back a letter saying they are cancelling the account and sending back to their client.

it is still on my credit report. It has not been that long ago that I got the letter. (from what I have heard they dont have to remove)

if i call/fax/email/mail them a request to remove from credit report -- can it cause any probelms?

Please let me know thanks

GW success 30 day late removed from 2 store accounts.
waiting on Citibank SL GW response --
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Advice needed -- Medical collection

Send them a GW asking for them to remove it.  It shouldn't cause any problems as it seems they are no longer trying to collect.

Message 2 of 5
notyours
Contributor

how does this sound?

Dear ,,,,,,
I sent a letter in February 2013 requesting that you validate the debt you are reporting on my credit reports. In response I received a letter from your company stating that you are canceling the account and returning it to your client on March 1, 2013. This letter is to request that you also remove your negative trade line from my credit reports. 

Thank you in advance,

what do you think? advice additions? let me know please 

Message 3 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@notyours wrote:
how does this sound?

Dear ,,,,,,
I sent a letter in February 2013 requesting that you validate the debt you are reporting on my credit reports. In response I received a letter from your company stating that you are canceling the account and returning it to your client on March 1, 2013. This letter is to request that you also remove your negative trade line from my credit reports. 

Thank you in advance,

what do you think? advice additions? let me know please 

Sounds good to me!!!!

Message 4 of 5
notyours
Contributor

thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.