Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed for current CO with capital one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice needed for current CO with capital one

Hello all, thanks for the information, this forum is beyond helpful.  I have discharged chapter 7 from may 2008, went through the typical issues that come with that and started rebuilding which was going fine.  in 2011 i opened a business and used some of the credit i had reestablished for those purposes and had some missed payments and my scores plummeted again.  fast forwarding to current day, i have since paid all old debts, which were closed by creditors showing zero balance.  The only one with a balance is a capitalone card that i was 150days  late, they charged it off but its still with capital one not a collection agency, i have since been paying every month but its still showing charged off, is there anything I can do to get them to report that differently? i acknowledge the debt is legit but its not actually charged off since I'm paying on it monthly direct to cap one, the kicker is i have another cap one card that my limit just was increased by $2,000 a month ago AND applied for cap one quicksilver card and was approved for $3,000 last week? While Im being long winded, I am also an authorized user on an american express, its our business amex and my father is the primary. the balance shows up on all my CR's which can be anywhere from 5k-50k in a month, is there anyw way to get that to stop reporting as i am not financially responsible for the debt? Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice needed for current CO with capital one

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, thanks for the information, this forum is beyond helpful.  I have discharged chapter 7 from may 2008, went through the typical issues that come with that and started rebuilding which was going fine.  in 2011 i opened a business and used some of the credit i had reestablished for those purposes and had some missed payments and my scores plummeted again.  fast forwarding to current day, i have since paid all old debts, which were closed by creditors showing zero balance.  The only one with a balance is a capitalone card that i was 150days  late, they charged it off but its still with capital one not a collection agency, i have since been paying every month but its still showing charged off, is there anything I can do to get them to report that differently? Actually no, its a factual happening and once an account reaches CO status it is that forever going forward. You can try a GW letter to them once the account is paid off  asking it be reported as paid as agreed but I have not heard of Cap-1 granting such a request.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

i acknowledge the debt is legit but its not actually charged off since I'm paying on it monthly direct to cap one, the kicker is i have another cap one card that my limit just was increased by $2,000 a month ago AND applied for cap one quicksilver card and was approved for $3,000 last week? A CO is an event that the creditor took, it did happen what is should show now is something like this "Was CO, now Pay" but CO notations will always be there unless you can get them to convert it back to a postitive account.

While Im being long winded, I am also an authorized user on an american express, its our business amex and my father is the primary. the balance shows up on all my CR's which can be anywhere from 5k-50k in a month, is there anyw way to get that to stop reporting as i am not financially responsible for the debt? Cancel your AU status is the only way it will no longer report. FYI Amex makes their AUs responsible for their individual charges,.

Thanks for reading

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice needed for current CO with capital one

Thank you for the information.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.