Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed on a collected debt and interest

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice needed on a collected debt and interest

Actually it means it can report until 180 days after 09/2014 but most often the CRAs drop them after 7 years and don't include the 180 days.  As far as the CA goes, yes, it must have the same DOFD as the OC hence the time it would be excluded must be the same.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 41 of 52
willuw
Established Member

@Shogun wrote:

Actually it means it can report until 180 days after 09/2014 but most often the CRAs drop them after 7 years and don't include the 180 days.  As far as the CA goes, yes, it must have the same DOFD as the OC hence the time it would be excluded must be the same.

Makes sense - the DOFD do match the accounts - that is still a very long time to wait..

The CA keeps inflating the amount every month by an astronomical amount so the severity of this to my credit keeps going up - how can I get this removed when disputing has not worked?

Starting Score: 609 (Feb 1, 2013)
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 750

Updated: Dec 9, 2019
Message 42 of 52
willuw
Established Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update this fiasco.

Experian and EquiFax both removed this collection agency from my CR

Experian even removed the original BOA false charge.

EquiFax  still has the original BOA account - but reports it as $0 CL, $0 balance "Account closed at customers request.  Charged off account"

TransUnion still reports the collection agency on my CR.  They updated after I dispute it:

Remarks: 
ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 
08/2014

So looks like at the worst it will be removed in two months - however I am trying to buy a house within the next 1-2 months and this is greatly hurting my score and manual review.

Would disputing this charge again with TransUnion be worthwhile? They are the only ones that report it.  Would the fact that it's due to be removed soon help the odds of getting it removed?

Trying to get this bad mark removed for good!

Thanks

Message 43 of 52
growing123
Regular Contributor

@willuw wrote:

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update this fiasco.

Experian and EquiFax both removed this collection agency from my CR

Experian even removed the original BOA false charge.

EquiFax  still has the original BOA account - but reports it as $0 CL, $0 balance "Account closed at customers request.  Charged off account"

TransUnion still reports the collection agency on my CR.  They updated after I dispute it:

Remarks: 
ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 
08/2014

So looks like at the worst it will be removed in two months - however I am trying to buy a house within the next 1-2 months and this is greatly hurting my score and manual review.

Would disputing this charge again with TransUnion be worthwhile? They are the only ones that report it.  Would the fact that it's due to be removed soon help the odds of getting it removed?

Trying to get this bad mark removed for good!

Thanks

I would call them and ask for early removal.  Just tell them that it's due to fall off in a month and could they remove it early.  A lot of people have reported that they say no over the phone, but the TL is deleted any way.  Good luck!!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 44 of 52
willuw
Established Member

Thanks for the tip growing123

I just called them and they said they would not delete it from my CR - they "re-opened" the dispute and I would hear the reuslts within 30 days.   Smiley Mad

Message 45 of 52
NY2014
Established Contributor

Hi I was lurking around the forum ad saw your trying to rationalize the inflated interest from the CA , Calvary Portfolio Services .
Dealt with them 4 months they lurked in the shadows to find a loophole back on your credit report. My suggestion is if you disputed again that will trigger Calvary a chance to update them self your disputing with "they bought the Debt . Do yourself a favor. Watch your report and if.you see them back in your report you have a better change reporting them to BBB .they are unethical ! Did you send a DV to them ? So be careful regarding the dispute.
I hope things work out for you good luck
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 46 of 52
willuw
Established Member

Yes, I was a bit nervous when he opened dispute again.. I hope it does not open a new can of worms and cause this to stay on my report even longer 

also question:

the collection is shown in my myfico report which I believe is just equivalent - i got updated credit reports yesterday and the collection is not on there so how is myfico seeing it. It's only reported to TU

Message 47 of 52
NY2014
Established Contributor

You mean Calvary still shows on your fico TU but not on your TU website correct ? I had the same problem , I can't tell you exact why ? Someone with more knowledge here maybe could weigh in on that issue.i may sound a bit over abscess pertaining this CA, but when one (me) could not figure out why my dispute one item Cavalry Habc, capital one I was scream foul they never had any of my info.it started to become a car and mouse More like (rat) an notice others having the same problem until you file a compliant they lie poorly I kept records paid 4 monitor members pulled my report everyday and bame there it was . where
being updated and verified by them and them only . The back door Metro 2 they used that excuse will PM you what to watch for , I want to build a case on them .
Thank
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 48 of 52
NY2014
Established Contributor

Send PM long but attack full approach
WoW I notice you been at this almost a yr? Held you hostage POCB "prisoner of Credit Bureau " welcome back soldier Smiley Wink
Message 49 of 52
willuw
Established Member

Well! In less then a week after disputing - I received a letter saying that this scam of a CA has been DELETED from my CR!!!

Can not wait to get this off my CR - a $15,000+ invalid debt GONE after years of trying. Curious to see how it affects my score..

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.