Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed on possible DV letter..

tag
frio
Frequent Contributor

Advice needed on possible DV letter..

HI everyone here's what's going going on today !!

I was as usually looking through my CR trying to clean it up a bit.  And I saw that Diversified Adjustments had a collections on my CR via Nextel Communications so it says its unpaid for the amount of $615.00 and unpaid.  So I called DA and they search with my SSN and no info and with my name and nada they can't find anything !!  So I call nextel and Nothing aswell.

Im wondering if I should send out a DV and if they can't get any information and validate this information for it to be removed Immediately from all 3 CB's !!  Is that a good idea ?

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice needed on possible DV letter..

Send a DV.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice needed on possible DV letter..

YOu can send a DV, but I would advise not to limit your actions to only a DV request.  Unless you live in Texas, they dont have to respond within any period, so it does not compel response.

I would use the FCRA dispute process as the primary way to address this matter.  Disputes have a compulsory 30 or 45 day period for the completion of their investigation and communcation of the results back to you.  They dont have to produce any documents in order to provide verification of the accuracy of the reported information, but if they have no documentation, they run the serious risk of later assertion that they have not conducting a reasonable investigation, and of providing knowlingly inaccurate verification.  A court can hang them out to dry for that.

If the OC has also reported any derogs to your CR, you should send direct disputes to both.  Since the real issue of accuracy of the asserted debt is based on documentation within the files of the OC and not the debt collector, I would definately not restrict a dispute only to the debt collector.  If both have reported, you can dispute separately with both.  Compel each to conduct their own investigation.  i would not file disputes through the CRAs.  Use the direct dispute process to ensure that all information is received by them, and to compel them to provide the results of their investigations directly to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.