cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed please - Goodwill Letter Gone Wrong?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice needed please - Goodwill Letter Gone Wrong?

I would have to agree with the response to your GW letter.  The 60 day lates aren't doing anywhere near the damage that the judgments and collections are doing.  I understand that you want a "clean" report, but I think it's better to follow the suggestions Shogun laid out to see movement on your score.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 14
photobrat86

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I would have to agree with the response to your GW letter.  The 60 day lates aren't doing anywhere near the damage that the judgments and collections are doing.  I understand that you want a "clean" report, but I think it's better to follow the suggestions Shogun laid out to see movement on your score.  

Already working on Shogun's suggestions Smiley Happy

Credit Karma had given me the impression that the late's were really hurting me so I wanted to try to get them taken care of, it's actually a relief that I can work on other stuff rather than worry about them. 

Found out that the paid judgement I can get removed just by picking a letter up from the courts and then sending it to the credit companies. 

What CK shows about late payments makes it look much worse than it really is. 

Credit Karma Payment History Screen

Message 12 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

30 and 60 day lates are minor derogs.  They hit hard at first and then fade fast.  Most damage is first six months, then a little less the next 6 months.  They hurt a little until after 2 years, then basically don't factor in.

Can you tell I have a some 30 day lates on my EX or TU?  They're 5 years old, and the process of trying to remove them isn't worth the trouble, and may lower my score if it backfires.  So please, don't take everything CK says to heart, it might not be in your best interest.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 14
photobrat86

@Shogun wrote:

30 and 60 day lates are minor derogs.  They hit hard at first and then fade fast.  Most damage is first six months, then a little less the next 6 months.  They hurt a little until after 2 years, then basically don't factor in.

Can you tell I have a some 30 day lates on my EX or TU?  They're 5 years old, and the process of trying to remove them isn't worth the trouble, and may lower my score if it backfires.  So please, don't take everything CK says to heart, it might not be in your best interest.

Oh trust me, I have been converted to the way of the myFICO forums Smiley Happy CK was a starting point and a way to monitor progress. Just your one post I feel has helped me more and given me a place to start. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.