Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed please. Thanks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice needed please. Thanks

I have 3 Jefferson Capital collections on my reports. Action card, Solute and Fingerhut, on TU as the original debtors they are reporting open dates 2/10/2010, 9/27/2011 and 3/15/2010. On Experian and Equafax  they have the status of open with being 60 days and 30 days late but list the three original debtors with different dates of the last payments. What would be the best way to handle these. They are due to fall off next year. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice needed please. Thanks

Are the OC's reporting unpaid balances?

You could try doing  a direct dispute with the CA's over anything thats not correct, and hope that they can't verify, but you run the risk of the account updating and taking a hit on your scores for it looking "current", with a fresh report.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, and one is showing a recent payment that I have not made. Two are showing schelduled payments and all three are showing recently late. Thank you

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC are showing unpaid balances that means they still own the accounts. If you need immediate score improvement, then you need to settle the acounts to get them to zero the balances. Those balances are being used in your FICO UTI% calculation. If there is no need for immediate score improvement I would just let them age off, and then settle for no more than 10% if you want.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.