Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice needed

Ok here goes...  I am planning on buying a home (hopefully) in about 10 months from now.

Most of my baddies are all medical collections from the same CA.  Based on the advice of a family member who is also a real estate agent, I have recently entered into a payment plan with the CA, with the collections to be deleted as soon as they are paid.  No problem, I can live with this.

The problem is a CO from a repo that occurred in 2007.  I feel safe to say that this will have to be paid before I am able to move forward. And I also want it resolved just for my own peace of mind.  The problem  is the OC of this debt has not reported it since 2007.  I understand that offering a settlement  and asking that the tradeline be deleted would be the best thing to do, however I don't have the money right now for that to be a possibility. Would asking for a monthly payment plan on this debt until I am able to pay a lump sum be a bad thing to do?  Would they start reporting it monthly? And would it cause my score to drop? 

I know some ppl will say leave it alone and lets sleeping dogs lie but I've been beating this dog with a stick for the last three months and have gotten nowhere. I'm really starting to think they don't even want their money!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Advice needed

Before you decide to contact them, you need to find out where you stand from a legal perspective if they decide to sue you.    Check the statute of limitations for your state of residence for written contracts.     Also what is the approximate balance on the repo ?

They may not be actively collecting now but keep in mind that by contacting them you might spur them to become more assertive in their efforts.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.