Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice needed

OK everyone I need some of advice ... My UTI is around 90% took someone's bad advice got a couple cards maxed them out then been making payments understand now that I need to keep my UTI between 10 to 30% I have wrote goodwill letters and will continue writing them one collection will be coming off they said they would delete I have a truck payment that I owe about 20 grand on student loans most of my baddies come from ... Truck loan about 20 grand that I refinanced last year to lower my interest all three agencies roughly have it 10 year oldest account and five-year average. I am going to pay my cc down quick as possible...my rcl is 2700 ...my ex is 607 8 lates 1 collection (gw will delete ) 6 iq from 12-2014 bought truck ...time since negitive 2.8 years ...tu 589 12 lates 2.3 since negative...16 inq truck again ...1 public record 2012 will dispute collection agency is out of business will sol it and hope for the best 10 years oldest account average 5 years ...eq is 594 10 late 1 collection (gw will delete) 2.8 since negitive...9 inq (truck again) do have one or two from 12-2015 where I refinanced ....I've disputed all agency's except ex which keeps telling me to request paper copy and follow directions and will re dispute again once current disputes finish ...cause I missed a few things and should dispute other ways ...I'm going get my uti to 30% ASAP keep my truck perfect and keep paying on student loans ...I've requested cli and got them they just not showed up on report yet ....now my ? Is what's next? Should I apply for more cards and take my inq hits??? To get my uti up??? Should I wait till disputes are done?? And wait till collection is deleted? What do I need to do to get to 700?? And FYI that's the only thing I owe for everything else that was bad I bad off 2-3 years ago besides that one collection I didn't know about but they going delete
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice needed

Also what's better keep a real low balance and not sock drawer them or use them a lot and pay off before cycle???
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
OK everyone I need some of advice ... My UTI is around 90% took someone's bad advice got a couple cards maxed them out then been making payments understand now that I need to keep my UTI between 10 to 30% I have wrote goodwill letters and will continue writing them one collection will be coming off they said they would delete I have a truck payment that I owe about 20 grand on student loans most of my baddies come from ... Truck loan about 20 grand that I refinanced last year to lower my interest all three agencies roughly have it 10 year oldest account and five-year average. I am going to pay my cc down quick as possible...my rcl is 2700 ...my ex is 607 8 lates 1 collection (gw will delete ) 6 iq from 12-2014 bought truck ...time since negitive 2.8 years ...tu 589 12 lates 2.3 since negative...16 inq truck again ...1 public record 2012 will dispute collection agency is out of business will sol it and hope for the best 10 years oldest account average 5 years ...eq is 594 10 late 1 collection (gw will delete) 2.8 since negitive...9 inq (truck again) do have one or two from 12-2015 where I refinanced ....I've disputed all agency's except ex which keeps telling me to request paper copy and follow directions and will re dispute again once current disputes finish ...cause I missed a few things and should dispute other ways ...I'm going get my uti to 30% ASAP keep my truck perfect and keep paying on student loans ...I've requested cli and got them they just not showed up on report yet ....now my ? Is what's next? Should I apply for more cards and take my inq hits??? To get my uti up??? Should I wait till disputes are done?? And wait till collection is deleted? What do I need to do to get to 700?? And FYI that's the only thing I owe for everything else that was bad I bad off 2-3 years ago besides that one collection I didn't know about but they going delete

My brain hurts.  Seperate some of those sentences please.  

I think the high UT advice might have been mistaken.  Some companies like you to use the crap out of thier cards and pay them off consistently.  HOWEVER, never leave a high balance on your cards before the statement cut date.  Last month I put roughtly $3000 on two $500 cards and when the statement came out I had $0 on one and $5 on the other.

How many credit cards do you have?  3 is the apparently the magic number to maximize credit gain.  To get to 700 you will need to get those collections paid and hopefully removed from your report and to GW thsoe baddies off your report.  The more negatives you can get off, and the lower your UT becomes the higher your score will go.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little update waiting on my credit total to let me pull new reports guess I pulled to many but I have disputed the fire out of my reports wrote gw letters to all my baddies had one collection removed paid the one I didn't know anout and it should fall off soon for a pfd...my ex went from 607-643 tu went from 589-615...I've requested cli and got one nice one from co..and a small one from them on the other card....upgraded to qs cards and paid down my uti to 60% ...no clue what my eq is doing but hope by the end of the month my collections are gone and a few baddies are deleted ...and I'm down to 30% uti thanks again for the help ..and now I run everything I buy or pay through one of my co cards and turn around the next day and pay that charge plus 10 off
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did have one new hard pull been debating a small loan for more on time payments kind of regret letting them do the hard pull now but oh well
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.