Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Collection

tag
egscoach
Valued Member

Advice on Collection

Hi All,

Here is my deal.  Current FICO at 689, up from 660 in approximately three weeks since I signed up.  I have two medical collections that I found after receiving my free annual credit report.  1) $180 due to fall off 1/15.  2) $130 due to fall off 12/18 (crap)  I had no idea these weren't paid by insurance but it is what it is.  Both collections are from NCO.  I sent a letter requesting pay to delete about three weeks ago but have yet to hear back.  Questions: Is there a benefit to just paying both off?  Should I just pay off the most recent and wait for the one in Jan 15 to fall off?  Any pros or cons to either options?

My utilization is at 38% but I have knocked that way down from approximately 70%.  I also have two charge offs from BOA that are due to fall off 4/15.

Thanks all for any assistance to the collections questions.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice on Collection

@egscoach wrote:

Hi All,

Here is my deal.  Current FICO at 689, up from 660 in approximately three weeks since I signed up.  I have two medical collections that I found after receiving my free annual credit report.  1) $180 due to fall off 1/15.  2) $130 due to fall off 12/18 (crap)  I had no idea these weren't paid by insurance but it is what it is.  Both collections are from NCO.  I sent a letter requesting pay to delete about three weeks ago but have yet to hear back.  Questions: Is there a benefit to just paying both off?  Should I just pay off the most recent and wait for the one in Jan 15 to fall off?  Any pros or cons to either options?

My utilization is at 38% but I have knocked that way down from approximately 70%.  I also have two charge offs from BOA that are due to fall off 4/15.

Thanks all for any assistance to the collections questions.

If you dont hear back on the PFD I would move to the HIPAA Process, you can Google it we cannot discuss it on this board. I would take care of the one set to fall in 2018 and if it were I just let the 1/15 drop of its own accord, at that point it becomes a Zombie debt then I would offer a low percentage around 20% to take care of it. A CA can attempt to collect forever but once its past states SOL they cannot successfuly use the court system to get the funds.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.