Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on Collections

So I opened disputes on a few of my collections. When I logged in today I see that the collection from AFNI has been removed. I called transunion to see if the dispute was complete and the said it was still opened.

Should I call and close the dispute since it has been removed or let the dispute run its course.

I have been able to what it seems resolve all my collections with transunion and Experian. Still fighting Equifax. Hoping these few collections don't reappear. My scores have been bumped up hugely.

EQ 647 / TU 713 / EX 725

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on Collections

Could be that they just temporarily removed them until they finish the investigation.  But, there are other reasons why they could be deleted.  Good luck!  I'm playing the same waiting game, at the moment!

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

After filing a dispute, removal of the disputed information could result either from the CRA making formal deletion as a finding in their reinvestigation of the dispute, or the furnisher may have, upon receipt of a copy of the dispute from the CRA, decided to voluntarily delete the disputed information (in your case, the collection).

Seeing that the collection has been deleted does not, per se, tell you whether the CRA deleted, or the debt collector sent a voluntary deletion.

I would wait for the CRA to formally conclude and close their reinvestigation, which is done via their sending of a Notice of Results of REinvestigation.  You will then know if the CRA deleted.  Additionally, if the CRA did the deletion, they must include a revised copy of a credit report showing that they have made the deletion.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys. I received this notification from EX.

The dispute for the account with AFNI, INC. that starts with 106281XXXX has been removed from your credit report. We will notify you when all of your pending disputes have been completed and the full results are ready to view. Review your latest Credit Report to help ensure the information on your Report is accurate.

Hopefully I will get the same notification from transunion soon because they too have deleted it.

I called Equifax and asked about my open disputes they said I had none and I noticed a collection from Jefferson Capital had been removed. They said it had been deleted. So I assume the collection agency requested it deleted after all my pleas with them.

So hopefully I officially have no open collections now. All open collections have been deleted.

Still have a closed collection that was paid I am pleading with Credit Management LP to remove as it never should have been there due to comcast not sending me a final bill when I transferred services a few years ago. Other than that fighting to get lates removed from student loans in which the DOFD is 10/2011 so even if they don't by October I should be in the clear with no negatives and a clean credit report.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are well on your way!

Keep up the hard work.  Stay on top of it!

Best of luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.