Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on GW Calls & Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on GW Calls & Letters

Hi All, I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks now, and finally decided to create an account!

A little background on me, I had excellent credit a few years ago (I believe in the 780 range), and over the past couple years it fell to 590, and is now back up to 629/627 (TU/EQ). Lately I've been trying to raise my credit score, as I'm realizing more and more, regardless of how much you make, credit is still a huge factor when it comes to lenders.

What I Need to Correct?

1 x Collection (Paid)

2 x CC Late Payments (30-59 days) w/ Credit Union (CLOSED by Me) - both from 2011

2 x CC Late Payments (30-59 days) w/ Chase Banking - 1 from 2012, 1 from 2013

5 x CC Late Payments (range from 30-120 days) w/ Macy's CC (CLOSED by Macy's) - 1 from 2012, 4 from 2013

1. I paid off the account that was in collections a few weeks ago, and the person I spoke with said they'd remove the mark on my credit report, but I have yet to see the changes made. How long will they usually take to post to my credit report?

2. I sent out a GW to my credit union to ask them to remove two marks from a few years. Hopefully I get call or letter since they are a smaller credit union. 

2. I called Chase and they said they could not remove the marks off my account. Chase said it was illegal to not report accurately, and since the person did not see too nice or in a good mood, I decided to let it be for now, and try another avenue. I sent a GW letter this afternoon. My question for this is, is the call I made put on record, and what are the next steps? Should I call in a week for a follow up, or just send another letter? I've seen some people say send a letter every week, and others send a letter every month.

3. I gave Macy's a call, and explained I was in the process of moving, and forgot to pay for three months straight since I was not at the address they were sending the billing statements to. I decided to send them a GW letter as well. Does it hurt to give them a call in a week or two, and hope to speak to someone different, or did they make a note on my account to not remove mark regardless if I call back?

Lastly, since I only have one credit card at the moment, I just got approved for a second credit card through Capitol 1 to help with rebuilding my credit too. 

Any feedback or recommendations on what I should do next are appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on GW Calls & Letters

Welcome To The Forum : Pyr0b0y

I have low score credit and trying to fix credit service repair (sky blue) and myself.

the only thing i just want say is ,it would much better if you first send dispute letters to credit bureau and wait 30 to 45 days for respond, and then again if still show on report . 

and in the last thing if your negative item didn"t remove , try GW ,PFD,   letters.

If you don"t have time or not expert enough for send dispute letters, use sky blue credit service . they are honest and professional , charge only $59 per month.

Good Luck 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.