Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on PIF from HSBC CO

tag
JP1968
Valued Member

Advice on PIF from HSBC CO

I had an HSBC account that  was , according to CRA's, transferred  to another lender/CO  and shows a $0 balance.  Nowhere else does it appear under a CA. 

I have a letter from  PMCW  stating " as of April 6th , 2011, PMCW has released you from all claims and liabilities pertaiing to the above referenced account.  This letter must be sent to all three major credit bureaus to be updated to credit reports as paid in full."

My husband found a phone number/name (from  an old note ) and called it to see what it was about. When they told him what it was he thankfully knew enough to have them send the letter for documentation. 

So, what do I do with it?  If I send it to the 3 CBR's they will update an account that is not even appearing on my reports.  Do I use it to GW HSBC when I request deletion of TL's?  Do CA's usually have you send letters on your own? don't they take care of updating?

**after purchasing a vehicle in Feb. 2011, I had some creditors coming out of the woodwork.  Since this was prior to finding this board, I paid the ones I could and settled a couple.  I didn't keep very good records obviously.  I'm thankful this one never hit the CR's.

J

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice on PIF from HSBC CO

The CRAs normally wont accept private statements or promises about what a furnisher has or will do as basis to delete information from your credit file.

FCRA 623(b) places the statutory obligation on a furnisher to timely update information they have reported in a manner so as to maintain its accuracy.

Whatever the status of the account, it is their obligation to report to the CRA.

In your situation, it goes well beyond the update issue.  If its not in your CR, then it is not in your credit file.  Thus, their is apparently no issue for the CRA to even consider.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.