Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on What to Do Next *Updated*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on What to Do Next

I've made quite a bit of progress since I started this process on Jan 29.  HIs score have come up some but not as rapidly as mine.  His file is thinner.  Also, only his Discover Card is reporting at the moment.  Still waiting for the Captial One card to report.  The last collection is the Stellar Recovery and I"m about to work on getting that one off this next week or so.  Anyone have any suggestions besides GW letters to get off the remaining items?  I really would like some suggestions about the Grand Furniture one.  They are actually listed 8 times on one of his CR.  Seven of them show PIF with perfect payment history but so I really don't think getting those off is productive.  There are 6 late payments on the 8th.  It is paid in full.  

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on What to Do Next

BTW lookingforhelp34....Capital One is very forgiving. You might want to start sending the CEO GW letters. I will pm you Cap1's CEO contact email. They GW deleted 2 for me a few months ago. As long as you can get them to feel for your situation. Watch for my PM

I cant get Cap One to budge at all. How did you get them to delete? Im just shy of 7 yrs and they refuse delete & pfd

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on What to Do Next *Updated*

I really didn't do anything for the Capital One from 2014. I was doing my daily check on CCT and noticed that it was no longer on his reports. This was about 3 weeks after we paid the CA. The only thing I can figure is that they reported back to CO that it was paid.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats so frustrating that they'll do that for one customer but not another. But I am happy for you!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats so frustrating that they'll do that for one customer but not another. But I am happy for you!

I know what you mean.  I've seen people report that they have gotten First Premier Bank to delete and that seems impossible since every contact I have with them is awful.  For the Captial One I am not sure what happened there.  I never contacted them to ask them to remove it.  It was something they completely did on their own.  I am currently waiting on a Goodwill response for 2 late payments from 2012 from them.  I guess I'll see how that goes soon.  

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lakr58 - how shy of 7 years? I'm asking because you can call the bureaus and ask for Early Exclusion (EE) 6 months early with TU, 3 months with EX, and a month with EQ
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with this Lakr58.  It would probably be easier to get it EE if you are close enough.  

@Anonymous wrote:
Lakr58 - how shy of 7 years? I'm asking because you can call the bureaus and ask for Early Exclusion (EE) 6 months early with TU, 3 months with EX, and a month with EQ

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.