Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Working on Credit for a Job

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on Working on Credit for a Job

I am working on my credit as I am afraid that I won't be appointed with carriers in the insurance industry. Trying to get the money to pay for the credit miscues when I lost my job in 2012.  I need advice on handling  the following accounts.

• Recieved a deletion agreement that was given to me on April 15th from a CA that has not  fallen off in 3 weeks. Balance has been updated to zero but no deletion has occured. The CA provided me with a letter and control number. Is there a way to get this removed sooner?
  • Credit One Credit Card that was charged off in the amount of $457 dollars in 2013. Account was sold but is there a way to get Credit One to remove even if paid?
  • SYNCB/JCP JC Penny card that was charged off in the amount of $897 in 2012. Account was sold but is there a way to have this removed? I asked for Debt Validation but all I recieved was the last credit card statement from the creditor.
  • I also have 15-18 school loans which are in varying stages. I put in a request to consolidate those that are in good standing and the others working on a rehab program with the Department of Education. If I have been paying for 5 months shouldn't these not be in collection?
  • I recieved some CA letters for accounts that were removed but sending those DV letters as well. For example a CA (General Revenue Corp) sent me a bill from a school that I attended where I was on Financial Aid. As validation they sent an e-mail from me to my advisor. Is this valid?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Advice on Working on Credit for a Job

Hey Op while I can't help you with all your questions I can tell you what I do know , your student loans that are in default that you are in Rehab for will remain in default on your credit report until you make your last payment of the rehab agreement and then it can take up to 60 days for them to report them correctly. Once you make you last and final rehab payment you need to call the Dept of Ed and see who your new loan holder will be , once you have a new loan holder established that means you are officially out of default and in the clear in which that time you can dispute all the tradlines to speed the process up some . If you have any other questions about it just ask me and I'll try to help , just went thru this last year myself
Message 2 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also as far as the first issue with you paying for the deletion agreement , how long did they say it would take for them to delete it for you ? Sometimes it can take anywhere from 30-60 days just all depends on how fast they send it in to the credit bureaus.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! The CA first said within 30 days now they have backtracked and said it could take up to 90 days. I was checking to see if that was normal. As far as the Student loans I even contemplated getting a student loan attorney as I have some loans that Great Lakes considered default while other Great Lakes loans were in deferment. Also, Navient has given me wrong information on multiple times. 

Message 4 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Navient is in the middle of a big class action law suit for giving wrong info and calling ppl with wrong info , I just got a post card to be part of it . Sorry not sure that it matters just wanted to mention it . And yes it can be normal to take up to 90 days for deletion but I have always seen mine gone withIn 30 days
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! I am going to reach out to find out more information on the lawsuit. I would definately like to be apart of telling my issues. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want it deleted within 30 days dispute it with TU, EX,EQ.  I know there is a way to include documents to support your claim.  Best of Luck.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.