Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on delinquent accounts

tag
mocha82
Regular Contributor

Advice on delinquent accounts

Hello everyone.  This is my first post to the forum so please bear with me if I'm rambling...

I had two credit cards with First Premier bank that are in CO status.  I settled both of them last month for 50% of each balance (balances were: $460 and $416).  I now have the funds to PIF.  I need to know if this is a good idea or not.  If I go back to them and request PFD, will they accept it or is it best just to leave it as settled?  I have only have a few open current accounts: deferred student loans and a current credit card with Orchard Bank (Unsecured $300 CL w/ $0 balance).  I have settled two other cc accounts with Capital One GE Money (Walmart).  These 2 from FP are the last cc to be paid.  I also have a few other baddies:

Univ. of Phoenix ($2210.00) - In the process of getting this taken care of through the Attorney General's office) long story...another post.

3 medical collections-  Total: $2767 (2 of them will be deleted once my insurance co. verified that it has been paid-$1722 total)

1 CO account with Sunbelt Credit for $486  ( I am going to request PFD next week on this one)

I have multiple late payments with my student loans, (in between switching colleges beginning of last year)  they are all current now.

I want to get my scores at a solid # so that I can qualify for a mortgage.  Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice on delinquent accounts

Welcome to the forums! 

Offering payment on a settled account is somethng worth considereing.  It is modified type of PFD offer. 

They get money that they can not now go after, as they settled the debt, and you get CR deletion should they accept.

Give it a try.  There is nothing they can do to now harm your credit score, provided the settlement was accepted as legal payment in full.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.