Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on fixing credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on fixing credit

Hello, I have never really cared about credit but have decided its time to fix mine. I would like to eventually own another house and buy a nice newer car. My credit score is currently 599 according to Experian. I had a foreclosure around a year ago and I had 2 collections on there when I pulled it. One collection was an old utility bill i had no idea about and the other was a student loan. I paid the 308 i owed on the utility bill and set up 150 dollar a month payments on the student loan. The student loan should be paid off in around 6 months. I also recently opened a secure credit card from my Credit union that showed up as positive on the report. My other 4 student loans are current and the only reason the 5th one was not was because I didn't know it was out there. I thought it was lumped in with the other 4.

After reading here it sounds like i should have tried to have the Utility collections removed before i paid it. Is there a way to get it removed after i paid it? It is through West asset management.

What should i do about the Student loan? It is currently under Enterprise Recovery System and has an outstanding balance of around 1100. If i offered to pay it all at once would they wipe it off my report?

Thanks in advance for the help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on fixing credit

If you haven't already done so, get your free yearly reports. Your best bet is to offer PFD's on all the outstanding accounts. The one you paid you need to start the GW process. Be courteous but bug them until it is removed. Do you have any current open lines of credit? Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

the only open lines I have are a Secured credit card from my Credit union and a Military star card i got like 8 years ago. I also have my 4 current student loans.

Message 3 of 4
Muff
Regular Contributor

I'm actually currently dealing with enterprise recovery , strange thing is they received my loan from an online school in August 2014.. The balance WAS $1.475, I was offered a settlement days ago for $500!! Out of no where! The letter came in the mail, with all of their info, saying we will take $500 to settle .The account has not been placed on my CR, praying it  never does. I mailed the payment today for the full settlement. I've never been offered a settlement that soon but I'm glad I was. I think you should reach out & ask for a settlemt. 

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.