cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on hiring help?

tag
CJH360

Advice on hiring help?

I see lots of great help on these forums, with lots of time required likely to get this all started. I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all, but would someone from this board be willing to work with me on reviewing my actual credit and giving me step by step instructions?  I was at 660 but a bogus collection with Time warner brought me to 598. I am working with them to get this cleared.  My goal is 700+for a jumbo home loan.  Thanks for any responses in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on hiring help?

No need to hire anyone, we are all here to help! Start by letting us know what you need to tackle exactly, the companies and etc, the dates, pretty much whatever is on your credit report, then we will give you steps on how to fix it all.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 7
CJH360

Ok, well I guess I'll give it a try and get started.  Maybe I can start with my revolving credit info.

Probably my biggest factor impacting my score is how my Home Equity Line, which I've maxed out, is killing my Revolving Credit utilization.  I was planning on working to get this down--- if anyone could comment on how much I should pay it down so it is no longer killing my score, I'd love that information.

Debt Summary*   Real Estate Debt $266,140.00 Installment Debt $16,435.00 Revolving Debt $300,174.00 Total Debt $582,749.00 Monthly Payment $3,047.00   Revolving Credit Summary*   Revolving Credit Limit $300,596.00 Revolving Credit Available $422.00 Revolving Credit to Debt Ratio 1%   Length of History   Oldest Account 17.6 Years Average Account Age 8.4 Years

Message 3 of 7
CJH360

Negative #1 (Most recent)

The issue that dropped my score 60 points was a report with Time Warner.  I need to dispute this. I paid for the equipment instead of turning it in when I cancelled my cable service.  I have the receipts from Time Warner to prove this.  What is the best way to go about this?

It appears Time warner works with this company--Credit Management LP.

CREDIT MANAGEMENT LP has flagged your account as COLLECTIONS.
Potentially Negative Alerts notify you when one of your accounts has reported information that may negatively impact your credit score.
  • Alert Date
    12/18/2013
  • Source
    Experian
  • Company
    CREDIT MANAGEMENT LP
  • Address
    4200 INTERNATIONAL PKWY
    CARROLLTON, TX 75007-1912
  • Phone
    (800) 377-7723
  • Payment Status
    COLLECTIONS
  • Status Date
    12/13/2013
  • Balance
    $252.00
Message 4 of 7
CJH360

Also, which product should I purchase that will best help me monitor everything on an ongoing basis?

Message 5 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

For this company, do a pay for deletion. They WILL delete it after paid, and after you send a letter requesting such. I had great success dealing with them, I contacted the number you posted. 

@CJH360 wrote:

Negative #1 (Most recent)

The issue that dropped my score 60 points was a report with Time Warner.  I need to dispute this. I paid for the equipment instead of turning it in when I cancelled my cable service.  I have the receipts from Time Warner to prove this.  What is the best way to go about this?

It appears Time warner works with this company--Credit Management LP.

CREDIT MANAGEMENT LP has flagged your account as COLLECTIONS.
Potentially Negative Alerts notify you when one of your accounts has reported information that may negatively impact your credit score.
  • Alert Date
    12/18/2013
  • Source
    Experian
  • Company
    CREDIT MANAGEMENT LP
  • Address
    4200 INTERNATIONAL PKWY
    CARROLLTON, TX 75007-1912
  • Phone
    (800) 377-7723
  • Payment Status
    COLLECTIONS
  • Status Date
    12/13/2013
  • Balance
    $252.00

Message 6 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I'm monitoring my credit with the free year subscription from Target with protectmyid.com it's not giving me score but it's letting me know everytime my credit is ran or something is reported. I also use credit sesame. There are plenty of sites you can use. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.