Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on how to approach this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on how to approach this?

So me and my wife are recently married, We are going through our credit reports so we can secure a mortgage and buy a home. I have 4 accounts in collections reporting. My question is how should I approach them. Simply pay them off, send a debt validation letter, pay for delete? Debts are as follows,

Capital credit $1,388 opened February 28th 2011 (5yrs 11mo)

Quick collect $159 unknown

Professional credit $125 opened June 12th 2015 (4yrs 8mo)

Professional credit $163 unknown

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
stellar
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on how to approach this?

Are you certain they are yours or uncertain? 

If they are yours then try to get a pay for delete.  That way they are not harming your credit score/report anymore.

If they don't pfd, you can try to pay in full and then send them goodwill letters/calls.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe they are mine. Sounds like tomorrow I'll put together some PFD letters. Should I leave the capital credit alone considering the statue of limitations is 6 years in Oregon?
Message 3 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Some states use Date of First Delinquency or Date of Last Activity as the basis for SOL. You need to find out what your state uses.
Message 4 of 5
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

SOL affects the ability to get sued. The debt will remain on your CR for another year past that. Just an FYI. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.