Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on how to proceed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on how to proceed

Hello o'wise forum! Ok here it goes. I know I have an outstanding debt with T-Mobile that has gone to collections. Neither the CA nor T-Mobile are reporting on my CR. I did a chat with T-Mobile today to see if they can recall the debt. I don't think the csr knew what I was talking about. I'll post the transcript below.

T-Mobile : Hello Keligyrl!
You : Hi!
T-Mobile : Thanks for bringing that up. Let me go ahead and check it for you.
T-Mobile : I appreciate the wait Keligyrl. The balance on your account is $123.94. Please call the collections agency at 866-247-2503 (Alliance One, Inc) to pay the remaining amount.
T-Mobile : Is there anything else that I can assist you for today?
You : So you all cannot recall the debt from them?
T-Mobile : Yes, you need to contact them directly.
You : Ok I'm not certain you understand what I'm asking. Can you tell me if Alliance One owns the debt or if they are just collectors for the debt? This is important for me to know.
T-Mobile : I do apologize for the confusion. The Alliance One, Inc, already own the debt.

My question is should I try and get someone else or a manager at T-Mobile to see if the debt can be recalled? Or should I just pay the CA directly? If I pay the CA directly can they still put it on my CR as a paid collection? I'm trying to keep this off my credit since it's not currently there. I only have one baddie to remove. I don't want that number to grow.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice on how to proceed

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello o'wise forum! Ok here it goes. I know I have an outstanding debt with T-Mobile that has gone to collections. Neither the CA nor T-Mobile are reporting on my CR. I did a chat with T-Mobile today to see if they can recall the debt. I don't think the csr knew what I was talking about. I'll post the transcript below.

T-Mobile : I appreciate the wait Keligyrl. The balance on your account is $123.94. Please call the collections agency at 866-247-2503 (Alliance One, Inc) to pay the remaining amount.
You : Ok I'm not certain you understand what I'm asking. Can you tell me if Alliance One owns the debt or if they are just collectors for the debt? This is important for me to know.
T-Mobile : I do apologize for the confusion. The Alliance One, Inc, already own the debt.

My question is should I try and get someone else or a manager at T-Mobile to see if the debt can be recalled? Or should I just pay the CA directly? If I pay the CA directly can they still put it on my CR as a paid collection? I'm trying to keep this off my credit since it's not currently there. I only have one baddie to remove. I don't want that number to grow.

The debt is sold you cannot deal with T Mobile and you have to deal with the JDB, send them a PFD offer thru the mail.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The debt is sold you cannot deal with T Mobile and you have to deal with the JDB, send them a PFD offer thru the mail.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Agree to this ^^^^

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So send a PFD even though there isn't anything to delete? This isn't on my credit report. I just don't want it to get there. Any experience with these things showing up after they've been paid?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So send a PFD even though there isn't anything to delete? This isn't on my credit report. I just don't want it to get there. Any experience with these things showing up after they've been paid?

oh well give Alliance a call and pay them in exchange for NOT reporting it.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the debt collector is only an assgned collection agent of the creditor, then the debt collector does not own the debt.

There is no issue of "recalling the debt."  What would be requested is that the creditor termnate the assigned collectin authority.

Only a management official could approve a business decision that they terminate an existing service contract.

That is above the pay grade of a CSR, and certainly something they would not reasonably be expected to understand.

I would offer a pay for not reporting or a PFD directlly to the debt collector rather than attempting to cut off their ability to report a collection by the route of getting the creditor to terminate a collection agreement.

If the credtior has sold the debt, they cannot "recall the debt."  They could choose to repurchase the debt, but that kinda borders on a frivolous request.

To ask that they negotiatie repurchase of a debt they chose to sell would seem to be a highly unlikely process on their part.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.