Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on next step...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on next step...

To make a long story short..I have one collection being reported on EQ and EX. I disputed this account with both CRA's due to EX reporting that this debt was IIB, which it was not. All 3 times it has come back verified and now EQ is reporting IIB. WTH?! I paid this debt to OC in march. I have spoke with OC and CA about this and they either refer myself back to one another or tell me they have no idea why it is being reported in this manner. I do not know what to do now, like I said I have disputed this 3 TIMES, to no avail. My ultimate goal is to get it removed but according to OC and CA that is not going to happen. BTW~ I have tried all steps in the HIPPA process. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Advice on next step...

If you want to get mean, send both of them an ITS letter for improper reporting.  Include copies of your BK paperwork showing it is not included.  Give them 15 days to correct it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This whole situation has me aggravated! Everytime I dispute the DoLA is updated, which from what I read drops my score. That's nice..since it's not my fault it's being reported incorrectly. I guess what I am asking...if I send out an ITS letter to the CRA's the best case scenerio is that they update to paid collection versus IIB, correct? Then again my DoLA is updated... Ughh!! Is this even worth my time and sanity? Aren't they both about equal in negativity? This was from 10/07 so it will be around for awhile...unfortunately. Who is actually messing up in this situation? The CRA or CA? Doesn't the CRA send verification to CA? I am so confused!!!!
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.