Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on old HSBC Account

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Advice on old HSBC Account

I had an HSBC card that was CO's in 12/2005. I don't remember if I paid it or not to be completely honest. I think that I did because I haven't gotten ANYTHING CA wise on them since I started paying attention to my credit and debt about a year and a half ago, 8/2006.

After calling HSBC they have referred me to 2 different collections companies, one Phillips and Cohen (I called them they said it was sent back to HSBC) then one to Triumph Partnerships. Neither Philips or Triump has ever shown up my my CR, so I don't want to call them (Triumph) just in case they decide to come after me now you know? But I am also afraid this could turn into a sleeping giant, if you know what I mean, and come back to bite me down the road...  I did a DV with the original creditor HSBC a month or two ago and it came back validated (boooo!)

What do you all think I should do? What is my best course of action...  I have the money to pay it off (I think $500ish) and would love to do a PFD, but I don't want to call triumph and extend my SOL.

Thanks in advance
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advice on old HSBC Account

WOW... Okay So I am a little impatient and decided to work up the nerve to call and here is my trail and SHOCKINGLY IT IS NOT OVER YET!

HSBC sold debt to Philips and Cohen
P&C gave it back to HSBC
HSBC sold it to Triumph
Triumph sold it to WorldWide Asset
WWA sold it to Collins Financial
Collins sold it to either JRS or RSJ (learned from a little reverse # search) Inc

I called the last number that I was given, and it honestly sounded like a cell phone # and went directly into voicemail. I am not stupid enough  to leave a VM...  but WOW>.. That is QUITE the selling trail... Amazingly NONE of these are on my CR, and I have not been contacted by any of them...

Any tips on what to do now? I can't even find the sleeping Giant to wake! ha ha haSmiley Very Happy
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a HSBC chargeoff from 3004...it was sold around like that too...until it reaches RJM Acquisitions..they are one of the BEST CA's out there..they agreed to the PFD...and deleted the TL before I even received my receipt and deletion letter...good luck..I'm still trying to the the OC TL off my report...why did you DV the OC..I thought you can't do that...that did they send back...
Message 3 of 4
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi bridgekaryn I too have an old hsbk charge off account from  the year 2005/2006 so you are not alone in which I regret it going to that point as this bank deals with quite a few stores like bestbuy and sears which now is a loss to get accounts with them, but also i am in the same situation too like you with this account being sold to again and again different collection agencies and as of right now a collection agency is trying to collect for another collection agency on this same account I too would like to get a PFD on this account which my total is $886.77 in which believe me alot of this amount is all coniving interest but I too would pay it if for sure if I knew a PFD could happen for certain as this collection agency my luck is only showing on 1 credit reporting agency which is EX until 2/2012 which is awful for me 4 more years,  but hsbk is showing charged off on all three TU, EX EQ.  I am trying to rebuild my credit since last year also so keep this forum updated on your progress for this PFD and I am going to see what I can do also.   Good Luck

TU 7/07 566- 5/08 668
EQ 7/07 546-5/08 627
EX 10/07 604-5/08 684

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.