Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on score monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on score monitoring

Hi there,

I have been out of the credit loop for about 2 years Smiley Sad due to family sickness and death. But now is time to get back on the raod to credit rebuilding. I need some advise in score monitoring. How and what is the best program to purchase in order to monitor and repair my credit and scores. Also Is one  (equifax, trans, ....) more significant then the other. 

Please help 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: Advice on score monitoring

USAA Bank credit monitoring service. Its like $12 per month. They allow daily pulls (the only KNOWN place to offer that). Best solution for repair progress tracking as you can see daily what has been deleted, updated, etc. Then use myFICO when you want to learn your real FICO scores. But if you are repairing and rebuilding, you should not worry about scores but rather worry whats on and whats not on your reports. And for that, again, USAA service is the best.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, great. Thanks for the info. Will look into it asap. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok just signed up...wheeeeewwww......not as bad as I thought. Cant wait to start cleaning things up. Thanks again for the help.

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Based on your subject line, if you are looking for scores, ignore the scores and advice offered through that service. They aren't FICO scores. They offer a non-FICO score (FAKO) called a PLUS score. In the past, my PLUS has been as much as 100+ points off my FICO when pulled the same day. If looking for scores, myFICO is the only place you can get your EQ and TU FICO scores together aside from your lender. You can't buy your EX FICO from anywhere. You can get all 3 from your lender and there are some rare banks and CUs that will sometimes provide your FICO as part of a service or benefit.

Despite the worthless scores, the report info is good. It is a great place to get all 3 reports and you can update daily. If you have lots going on within your reports, that's the best CMS to subscribe to.

Message 5 of 8
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Hmmmm, so the $12 a month fee from USAA Bank will allow me to pull all three reports when ever I want?

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Once/day.

Message 7 of 8
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

the way I look at it, I cannot afford to NOT do this.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.