Did you mean: 

Advice on what to do about a discrepancy between TU and EQ

tag
boilerfan
Established Member

Advice on what to do about a discrepancy between TU and EQ

Hi all,

Here is my situation:

I have Scorewatch for TU which gives me a report every quarter. From Nov to Jan my TU score went from 718 to 754. During this period it seems that an old delinquent account with Best Buy/HSBC (DOLA Sep 2003) fell off the TU report. Today I decided to take a peek at my EQ report since I hadn't done that in awhile. I was shocked to see that my EQ score is 693. All the accounts and amounts are identical to the TU except for the Best Buy/HSBC account which is still there. What would be the reason that the Best Buy/HSBC account would fall off the TU and not the EQ? Also, I noticed that the "Last Status" field in the details of the account says July 2009 for some reason. Would this affect the account not falling off? Should I call/write HSBC and find out what the deal is? 

On a high note, my TU score went from 674 last April to 754 in January!

Thanks,

Boilerfan

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
beehive
Regular Contributor

Re: Advice on what to do about a discrepancy between TU and EQ

That's great!!! What a jump....you'll have to explain how did it. Im am learning as much as I can here. Smiley Happy
Officially a Home Owner !
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.