Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Advice please?

What type of lates?  Single 30 and 60 day lates stop impacting your score at about 2 years.   But a clean report looks good.

Try using the pre-qualified screen and see if anything comes up.  It will only be a SP.  Then if you apply it will be a HP.  No guarantees of approval though.

Message 11 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

Well the cap one (2 cards) and chase have multiple lates that eventually went to collections.  I know there is no guarantee, and I even have a freeze on all of my reports, so I would probably need to life those before doing the prequal.  

Message 12 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, you would need to lift those.

What about your current banking institution?  Could they help you?

Message 13 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

I bank at Chase, and doubt it.  Put it this way:  I wouldn't bother lifting the freezes for them.

Message 14 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

Pulled TU, 688.  Same accounts as above.  I'm wondering if I should attempt an app for an unsecured CC or wait and for now get another secured card?  I kind of feel as if I need a little more credit out there.  Any opinions?  I'm working on GW's for the accounts above.  Thanks

Message 15 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

Just an update- I went ahead and temp lifted the freezes on my credit reports and applied for the cap one platinum. For instantly approved for 2k which is great since I've been very gun shy about applying for anything for the last two years. Now I'm not about to go on a spree and apply anywhere else but let this one grow and go for CLI's maybe after 6 months. Guess it wasn't as bad as I thought but better safe than sorry.
Message 16 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 17 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

Thanks. I'm assuming it's better to stop applying now and manage this card the best way I can rather than try an expand with another card? Am I correct on that do you think?
Message 18 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 19 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

Would a secured card at 500 limit really count in your eyes as the second? How about the authorized user on a card with a limit of 10k? Sorry for the questions, as like I said I'm hesitant to do it but if it's better and can help a lot I would be willing to try one more. Any particular company to try? ( besides Amex, Capone, chase and Bank of America due to strict rules)
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.