Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Advice please?

There is no reason not to get another secured card.  They are scored the same by FICO.

An AU account is ok to help raise your score but eventually you will need your own TLs.

Message 21 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

I just actually closed my only secured card because I got instantly approved for:

barclays 500
Cap one 2k
Discover 5k
Amex 10k

Don't ask me how as I never thought I would get these tls. However now that I did I'm done applying and just growing
Message 22 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor
jason7613
Established Member

Thanks. Like I said I have no idea how. I decided to pull the trigger on the Amex late last night after seeing I was approved for discover just for the hell of it, fully expecting to get declined. I got instant approved but no limit. I called Amex expecting a 500-1000 limit and when they told me 10k my jaw dropped..

Now that I have four cards, I plan I using the discover and Amex the most obviously but rotating the cap one and barclays for smaller purchases just to keep them happy. Would you do the same??
Message 24 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor
jason7613
Established Member

Quick question for anyone that has been in a similar situation. I got approved for cap 1 (2500) however apparently either I or the rep made a mistake and it has an annual fee of 39. I'm thankfully in the position with multiple decent CLs elsewhere and I tried doing a PC to no avail. I am currently playing phone rage with someone from EO but wanted to know if they don't offer anything to help this situation should I just cancel even though I just got approved? I saw my score go down about 8 pts due to the inquiries and regret going for the BOA cash card instead.

The kicker is that I will be going for a new lease within 6 mths so am wondering if I should just hold onto this card or cancel because I hate annual fees.

Thanks for any and all replies.
Message 26 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

Anyone? I am tempted to go for the BOA card and upon approval cancel the cap one. Thoughts?
Message 27 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would just keep it for a year and let it age.  Cancel it before the AF is due again.

Message 28 of 30
jason7613
Established Member

Should I get the card I really want now?
Message 29 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.