Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice please!

So I have 4 baddies left on my credit reports

1) 1095 medical board of economics.. Reporting to all three bueaus.. I know for a fact they will PFD

2. 585  Revsolve this is a medical collection debatable weather they will PFD.. However i did speak to orginal creditor who advised if  I paid them in full they would get it off my credit report.. reporting to all three 

3. 285 lab corb.. only reporting to transunion

3 5,000  this is to a real estate management company(we vacated early due to buying a house ) only reporting to tu and ex. in dispute as they are trying to charge me for fake damages. 

If i pay the first two then i should have a totally clean equifax report. Right now while money is not tight we are saving to go on a much deserved vacation. My CC utilization is now 6 percent down from 50% because I have worked two jobs to get it paid off..We are going on vacation in June.. Husband thinks i should wait til after vacation to pay them off. I however want at least one clean bureu(wont be totally clean because i have seveal student loan lates from 20111 that  should drop off in october). my navy fed cc limit is 24,000 and currently have 1000 charged on it. Would i be killing all the hard work i have done if I bit the bullet and just paid the first two off using my card.. my utilization would still be under 10%. However we are going on vacation and this card was one of the cards I planned on using while traveling. Or should i just suck it up and wait til we get home from vacation? The thought of no collection accounts with one CRA excites me so much...2 years ago i had about 10!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice please!

As for number 2, is the OC or CA reporting the account? If it's the CA make sure that the OC terminates the collection authority BEFORE you pay for it. Otherwise, all the CA is required to do is to update the account to paid with a zero balance. As for the student loan lates, is this account a federally backed loan in good standing? If it's federally backed and not in good standing (or paid off) then the lates will stay until it's brought current. Otherwise the lates will fall off 7 years from the date of occurrence, which would be next year since you said that they happened in 2011.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.