Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice removing 2 collections - 1 paid medical and 1 unpaid dental

tag
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

Advice removing 2 collections - 1 paid medical and 1 unpaid dental

1. Paid medical - I am confused as to what to do. It is paid, TU and EQ are still reporting it. Can I dispute with TU and EQ to have it removed? The HIPPA seems to be for unpaid medical? I'm confused.

2. This one is for Western Dental. I do not owe this. I did the DV with all 3 CRA's at the beginning of this year and TU and EQ removed it but EX said after their investigation it would not be removed.??? What are my options with this? It is only $192 but I do NOT owe it and don't want to pay it on principle LOL!

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: EQ658|TU654|EX640 as of 10/19/15
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice removing 2 collections - 1 paid medical and 1 unpaid dental

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

1. Paid medical - I am confused as to what to do. It is paid, TU and EQ are still reporting it. Can I dispute with TU and EQ to have it removed? The HIPPA seems to be for unpaid medical? I'm confused.

2. This one is for Western Dental. I do not owe this. I did the DV with all 3 CRA's at the beginning of this year and TU and EQ removed it but EX said after their investigation it would not be removed.??? What are my options with this? It is only $192 but I do NOT owe it and don't want to pay it on principle LOL!

1st- Since it's paid, try and contact the OC for removal/GW.

2nd-Please elaborate on you "not owing it." Insurance gap? Previously paid? 

P.S. - You don't DV the CRAs. You dispute with them. CRAs only report what they're told by the OC, or CA, or JDB.

Message 2 of 10
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

P.S. - You don't DV the CRAs. You dispute with them. CRAs only report what they're told by the OC, or CA, or JDB.

Thank you for responding. I will try contacting the OC on the 1st one.

The Western Dental - my dd's tooth cracked. They weren't able to save the tooth. They referred us to a dental surgeon. I paid for the visit and left. They are trying to charge me for pulling the tooth which they did not do. Their office was so disorganized and even called me twice that I had paid nothing at all. Unfortunately I no longer have proof or the paperwork. Should I try to dispute it with the CRA?

Message 3 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

The Western Dental - my dd's tooth cracked. They weren't able to save the tooth. They referred us to a dental surgeon. I paid for the visit and left. They are trying to charge me for pulling the tooth which they did not do. Their office was so disorganized and even called me twice that I had paid nothing at all. Unfortunately I no longer have proof or the paperwork. Should I try to dispute it with the CRA?

I'd go request records of the day of service, and prove they didn't provide services rendered, unless they billed for the referred DDS, which would state as such in the documentation. If they say they don't have it....dispute.

Message 4 of 10
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

I'd go request records of the day of service, and prove they didn't provide services rendered, unless they billed for the referred DDS, which would state as such in the documentation. If they say they don't have it....dispute.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

Hi did you ever get the tooth removed? maybe you can request the record from the office that infact pulled the tooth and use it as proof against the other dental offcie that cliamed they pulled the tooth, no two dental office can pull the same tooth. And if you didnt pull it then your proof is in your mouth, aint no way they can pull a tooth thats still in your mouth.

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 6 of 10
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

@dashpt wrote:

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

Hi did you ever get the tooth removed? maybe you can request the record from the office that infact pulled the tooth and use it as proof against the other dental offcie that cliamed they pulled the tooth, no two dental office can pull the same tooth. And if you didnt pull it then your proof is in your mouth, aint no way they can pull a tooth thats still in your mouth.

It's funny you should ask this! It was my daughter's tooth and it was just pulled about two months ago. I've asked her to send me her paperwork.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

@dashpt wrote:

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

It's funny you should ask this! It was my daughter's tooth and it was just pulled about two months ago. I've asked her to send me her paperwork.Smiley Happy

ok great now take that paper work to the dental office and let them know they did not pull it.....if they refuse to remove the account then submitt the paper work with the CB as your proof.

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 8 of 10
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 - Does your answer change for #1 if I paid the collection agency not the OC?

Message 9 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 - Does your answer change for #1 if I paid the collection agency not the OC?

When an OC sells off an account in default, to a CA, they're taking a loss, and might not be "receptive" to a GW. That's why I always stress to contact the OC first, and try and pay them first, if at all possible. By all means, try the GW, but the odds aren't good, IMO.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.