cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice requested from the experts!

tag
busyscmom

Advice requested from the experts!

I have an $11K CF account that I just discovered on my CR when I tried to finance a car. My exhusband was court ordered to pay it after our divorce 3 years ago, but just found out he filed bankruptcy (after buying a Hummer, Mercedes, and a $800+ house!) and never paid it.  

Any advice on how to handle this?  It will take me at at least 2 years to pay it off, but don't want to restart the clock on it.  The bank is refusing to delete it in exchange for it getting paid in full.

Advice please.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Advice requested from the experts!

What do you mean restart the clock? If you mean restarting the 7 years +180 days it has till it falls off, nothing will restart that. That is calculated by the DoFD and that can not be changed.

Message 2 of 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Advice requested from the experts!

@busyscmom wrote:

I have an $11K CF account that I just discovered on my CR when I tried to finance a car. My exhusband was court ordered to pay it after our divorce 3 years ago, but just found out he filed bankruptcy (after buying a Hummer, Mercedes, and a $800+ house!) and never paid it.  

Any advice on how to handle this?  It will take me at at least 2 years to pay it off, but don't want to restart the clock on it.  The bank is refusing to delete it in exchange for it getting paid in full.

Advice please.  Thank you.

I'm assumming you are a co-signer on the account? If he was court ordered to pay it before he filed BK, you should let the judge know.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.