Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice welcomed! Please :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice welcomed! Please :)

So I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I would like to buy a house but I need to increase my score to qualify. As suggested I applied and was approved for a Capital One card which boosted my credit 22 points in the first month. My current standings EQ 604 EX 590 TU 579. I signed up with Sky Blue because they have a 90 day money back guarentee but I just received a suspicious letter in the mail from Experian. Now Sky Blue wants a copy of my license or ss card which I do not feel comfortable sending. So I thought the community might have some great advice for me. Below is what is listed on my report from Experian. Some things are listed twice as the orginal creditor and then as a collection agency. Not sure how that works. 

Bank of America 

opened 1997 

I settled an amount on this card. I didn't even know it was still open as I figured they closed it when I settled which I believe was in 2012. There is also another BofA card listed in good standing but was closed. It was all the same account. Not sure why it is listed separate.

closed at credit grantor request  feb 2015  last reported 2/2015

Citi Cards/Citibank

opened 2003 

closed at credit grantor request 2010 last reported 2010

Debt Recovery Solutions        Verizon California

Type Debt Buyer

Collection account $147 past due as Nov 2014 last reported 11/2014

reported since June 2014

I contacted Verizon with this account and they have no information. I still have Verizon California but a different account at the same address. 

Verizon (same account as listed above by Debt recovery)

Account charged off $147 written off 

opened 11/2008 Last reported 01/2014

EOS CCA       AT&T mobility

opened 8/2012 

It says the account was disputed by consumer (Meets the requirements of Fair Credit Reporting Act} but I have not disputed it.

Fidelity Ceditor Serv   Primex Clinical Laboratories

Collection account $21    last reported 7/2015

opened 8/2012

Grant & Weber    Huntington Hospital

Collection account $100   last reported 12/2012

Opened 09/2012

Liberty Creditor Service        Primex Clinical Laboratories

Collection account $19 12/2012   last reported 6/2015

Collection account $39 11/2013   last reported 6/2015

Portfolio Recovery Associates      GE Capital (Banana Republic)

Collection account $369  Last reported 7/2015

Opened 9/2012

SYNC/Banana Rep (original Banana Republic Card…above is collection from this card).

Closed. $369 written off Purchased by another lender

last reported 10/2012

Macy’s account 

30 days past due as of Feb 2015, May 2014, Feb 2014, Aug 2012 

Accounts in good standing

BofA card that was closed. Paid, Never late. 1995-2007

Capital One Open, Never late 6/2015

Care Credit Paid, Never late. account closed at grantor request because I wasn't using it.  Nov 2009-Feb2011

Citibank Paid, Closed/Never late. 2001-2008

Wings FCU paid, Closed/Never late 2007-2009. Closed because I wasn't using it. 

3 auto loans, Paid, Never late

I am open to paying my debt. That is not a problem. I went through some hard times and now trying to rebuild things. Just wondering what the best way to go about things. Thank you for taking the time to read this and offering any help Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice welcomed! Please :)

I work in collections, but its a bit tricky, those small accounts they may not work with you on at all since they make next to nothing on you, so they may not accept a PFD for them, but you're still better off paying them, it will show that you have paid what you owed and even though it went through collections, creditors may see it as a good thing that you're getting yourself back on track.

your good standing accounts would need to know what balances/utilizations are what limits you have and when the accoutns were opened to elaborate on that. 

the Banana Republic acocunt you may want to pay them directly, dont do the collections agency, ask them if they will have the account recalled back their in house collections, that will get rid of the collection agencies credit reporting, and ask if they will PFD the account, something that small they may not again, but its worth a shot..

I'm still new to this myself, so dont take this too heavily, just what i would do, you're not in too bad of shape looks like to me, looks like you have some discrepincies that you may want to get sorted out though as far as the Verizon thing and the multiple reportings. 

Also, if they are close to falling off your report (7 years) they may not be worth paying at all TBH - I've only been doing this for about 6 months now, and I've learned its a patience game, its VERY slow, and takes TIME to get back up there.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I would like to buy a house but I need to increase my score to qualify. As suggested I applied and was approved for a Capital One card which boosted my credit 22 points in the first month. My current standings EQ 604 EX 590 TU 579. I signed up with Sky Blue because they have a 90 day money back guarentee but I just received a suspicious letter in the mail from Experian. Now Sky Blue wants a copy of my license or ss card which I do not feel comfortable sending. So I thought the community might have some great advice for me. Below is what is listed on my report from Experian. Some things are listed twice as the orginal creditor and then as a collection agency. Not sure how that works. EX suspects you are using a credit repair agency. They want proof that the disputes are coming from you and have requested ID documents. If you want Sky Blue to continue working on it, send them. Personally, I don't recommend using credit repair companies.

Bank of America 

opened 1997 

I settled an amount on this card. I didn't even know it was still open as I figured they closed it when I settled which I believe was in 2012. There is also another BofA card listed in good standing but was closed. It was all the same account. Not sure why it is listed separate.

closed at credit grantor request  feb 2015  last reported 2/2015

Citi Cards/Citibank

opened 2003 

closed at credit grantor request 2010 last reported 2010

Debt Recovery Solutions        Verizon California

Type Debt Buyer

Collection account $147 past due as Nov 2014 last reported 11/2014

reported since June 2014

I contacted Verizon with this account and they have no information. I still have Verizon California but a different account at the same address. 

Verizon (same account as listed above by Debt recovery)

Account charged off $147 written off 

opened 11/2008 Last reported 01/2014

EOS CCA       AT&T mobility

opened 8/2012 

It says the account was disputed by consumer (Meets the requirements of Fair Credit Reporting Act} but I have not disputed it.

Fidelity Ceditor Serv   Primex Clinical Laboratories

Collection account $21    last reported 7/2015

opened 8/2012

Grant & Weber    Huntington Hospital

Collection account $100   last reported 12/2012

Opened 09/2012

Liberty Creditor Service        Primex Clinical Laboratories

Collection account $19 12/2012   last reported 6/2015

Collection account $39 11/2013   last reported 6/2015

Portfolio Recovery Associates      GE Capital (Banana Republic)

Collection account $369  Last reported 7/2015

Opened 9/2012

SYNC/Banana Rep (original Banana Republic Card…above is collection from this card).

Closed. $369 written off Purchased by another lender

last reported 10/2012

Macy’s account 

30 days past due as of Feb 2015, May 2014, Feb 2014, Aug 2012 

Accounts in good standing

BofA card that was closed. Paid, Never late. 1995-2007

Capital One Open, Never late 6/2015

Care Credit Paid, Never late. account closed at grantor request because I wasn't using it.  Nov 2009-Feb2011

Citibank Paid, Closed/Never late. 2001-2008

Wings FCU paid, Closed/Never late 2007-2009. Closed because I wasn't using it. 

3 auto loans, Paid, Never late

I am open to paying my debt. That is not a problem. I went through some hard times and now trying to rebuild things. Just wondering what the best way to go about things. Thank you for taking the time to read this and offering any help Smiley Happy

Apply for a second Capital One card. Then try to get a third card from another lender. You may have to go secured but thats fine. Once your scores improve you will be able to get some unsecured cards and you can close it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your EOS-CCA collection will likely accept PFD. I was able to get them to agree to PFD over the phone, and the collections record was removed within a few days.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.