Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice

Hello,

So I'm in the very early stages of rebuilding my score. I currently have TU of 545, EQ of 588 and EX of 525. Each CB is reporting 13 to 17 accounts in collections. I have 55k in student loans which have been consolidated and an auto loan of 17k which hit my score hard with inquiries. All 3 CBs show around 17 hard pulls. I have 0 utilization currently with TU and EQ bc I don't currently have CCs but EX shows a CU of 122 percent bc of an old card I defaulted on even though it was charged off and hasn't been paid on in 5 years. I signed up for 2 secured cards, Cap one with a $400 cl, and Open Sky with $200 cl. I also received a Total Credit unsecured card with a $300 cl that I shouldn't have gotten but have. My CU says they will giv me a secured loan but I dont want to get in over my head on payments. What is my next step? I'd like to refinance my car and get a student loan to go back to school if possible. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

So I'm in the very early stages of rebuilding my score. I currently have TU of 545, EQ of 588 and EX of 525. Each CB is reporting 13 to 17 accounts in collections. I have 55k in student loans which have been consolidated and an auto loan of 17k which hit my score hard with inquiries. All 3 CBs show around 17 hard pulls. I have 0 utilization currently with TU and EQ bc I don't currently have CCs but EX shows a CU of 122 percent bc of an old card I defaulted on even though it was charged off and hasn't been paid on in 5 years. I signed up for 2 secured cards, Cap one with a $400 cl, and Open Sky with $200 cl. I also received a Total Credit unsecured card with a $300 cl that I shouldn't have gotten but have. My CU says they will giv me a secured loan but I dont want to get in over my head on payments. What is my next step? I'd like to refinance my car and get a student loan to go back to school if possible. Thanks. 

You have an auto loan, so you don't need another installemtn loan for scoring purposes.

You need to get the charged off credit card settled so it will report a zero balance so your UTI is not bad. Then garden for 6-12 month and app for a couple of unsecured cards. Continue to try to get the collections paid and removed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.