cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise and help on rebuilding my credit as soon as possible!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advise and help on rebuilding my credit as soon as possible!

Alright, long story short I've always relied more on cah than i have credit. I have 4 student loans totaling about 10,000 they do have 4 missed payments each from april-July but they are in good standings again, i asked for them to be deffered and they were but still have the missed payments on there sadly. Started paying on them again last month. 3 years on credit reports.

Auto Loan from Ford credit 23000 originaly 14000 now, no missed payments. Just hitting 2 years on this one now.

Old auto loan for 1000, never missed payments but its closed from 2011.

4 small credit cards charged off.

Wells fargo - Opened Feb 2013 Charged off on Nov 2014 $180.00 balance owed. 4 missed payment history total. 

First Priemer - Opened Oct 2013 Charged off on July 2016 $445.00 Balanced owed. 6 missed payment history total.

First Priemer 2nd card - Opened Jan 2015 Charged off on April 2016 Balanced owed 654. 3 missed payment history.

Total Visa Card - Opened Mar 2015 Charged off July 2016 balanced owed $541. 4 missed payment history.

Finger hut - Charge off and not reporting history sent to collection but owe $144

All this has my uti is through the roof $1647 credit card debt thats charge off sho it makes my uti 187%.

Collections.

Arrans furniture - $1657 from 2012

Lvnv Funding Llc- Took over the finger hut account - $144.00

Medical Collections - 8 account - $8000 total. 1 Account is $4000 and the the 7 range from $200-$1000

Actions took so far. Opened a 500 secured revolving line of credit with my bank, no ping to my credit report and 500 open sky secured card also no ping, but i opened both last month so not reporting to credit yet.

So in regards to my terrible adulting and hardships i had that i did not handle the right way i am seeking a little help. What should i pay off first maybe trying pay for deletes and what should i not worry about first. And what should i aim for to help my credit from here on out other then paying everything on time.

First of last month my fico scores were Equifax 475, Experian 499, and Transunion 496. Now they are Equifax 496, Experian 536, and Transunion 551. I did manage getting a 661 collection account removed from transunion so i guess thats what helped transunion.

Any help would be very greatful! Really trying to get my scores up to 640 before the end of April, trying to get a house. I have some savings and i make a decent living (60,000-70,000) a year.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advise and help on rebuilding my credit as soon as possible!

Bump
Message 2 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright, long story short I've always relied more on cah than i have credit. I have 4 student loans totaling about 10,000 they do have 4 missed payments each from april-July but they are in good standings again, i asked for them to be deffered and they were but still have the missed payments on there sadly. Started paying on them again last month. 3 years on credit reports.

Auto Loan from Ford credit 23000 originaly 14000 now, no missed payments. Just hitting 2 years on this one now.

Old auto loan for 1000, never missed payments but its closed from 2011.

4 small credit cards charged off.

Wells fargo - Opened Feb 2013 Charged off on Nov 2014 $180.00 balance owed. 4 missed payment history total. 

First Priemer - Opened Oct 2013 Charged off on July 2016 $445.00 Balanced owed. 6 missed payment history total.

First Priemer 2nd card - Opened Jan 2015 Charged off on April 2016 Balanced owed 654. 3 missed payment history.

Total Visa Card - Opened Mar 2015 Charged off July 2016 balanced owed $541. 4 missed payment history.

Finger hut - Charge off and not reporting history sent to collection but owe $144

All this has my uti is through the roof $1647 credit card debt thats charge off sho it makes my uti 187%.

Collections.

Arrans furniture - $1657 from 2012

Lvnv Funding Llc- Took over the finger hut account - $144.00

Medical Collections - 8 account - $8000 total. 1 Account is $4000 and the the 7 range from $200-$1000

Actions took so far. Opened a 500 secured revolving line of credit with my bank, no ping to my credit report and 500 open sky secured card also no ping, but i opened both last month so not reporting to credit yet.

So in regards to my terrible adulting and hardships i had that i did not handle the right way i am seeking a little help. What should i pay off first maybe trying pay for deletes and what should i not worry about first. And what should i aim for to help my credit from here on out other then paying everything on time.

First of last month my fico scores were Equifax 475, Experian 499, and Transunion 496. Now they are Equifax 496, Experian 536, and Transunion 551. I did manage getting a 661 collection account removed from transunion so i guess thats what helped transunion.

Any help would be very greatful! Really trying to get my scores up to 640 before the end of April, trying to get a house. I have some savings and i make a decent living (60,000-70,000) a year.

This is just my opinion:  

I would start with the Fingerhut account first. See if you can work out a 'pay for not reporting a collection' type arrangement. It is the smallest and most recent debt.

Then I would work on PFDs for each of the 3 charge-offs that happened this year. It looks like you had a very rough 2016. Then work backward for the older debt. 

Go to the student loan section here to see if your student loans are eligible for a rehab - this would help you tremendously as it would get rid of the late payments on your student loans once you complete the rehab.

Rebuilding is two steps:  repairing the old and making good new payment history.  To get a mortgage by April you will need to show at least 12 months of on time payments. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume this is all from your credit reports ... but if not, get your ACTUAL reports from CCT or MyFico, to get a true look at what you're dealing with. 

After that, get organized and make a plan. For me, that meant creating a Google spreadsheet that listed it all, who, how much, DoFD, etc ... and then I started paying off collections as I was able to. Request Pay for Deletions with your creditors ... some will, some won't, but you won't know til you ask. Use goodwill letters after paying things off if possible. Again, you won't know unless you ask. 

If there are ERRORs on your reports, dispute them with the respective credit bureau.

Your goal is feasible, but a stretch I would guess. I started in February of this year, and I'm up between 100 and 120 points on all three bureaus, and I'm hoping for more. 

Most important, READ this forum ... SO MUCH good info here

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to the both of you. I've been on and off these boards for a month just reading and getting some insights and i finally joined and got all my fico scores and reports from this site(myfico). I do use credit karma just for the free reports. And yea its a stretch but its not something i have to have done by thenjust a goal to give me that extra push! Im gonna try to go after the Usda loan since they seem to be a little bit easier then a bank. But just being around where i want to be by april and atleast getting some things going with a realitor would be succes in my book.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I probably should have added they are fedloan students loans if that makes a difference

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i really wish i would have waited until today or tomorrow to check my fico score because my equifax "equifax" score jumped 42 point between me checking it yesterday and today. All 4 of my students loan payments were reported today so even though i still have the neg marks from missed payments on them it is now back to reporting as being paid. and this also changed aswell idk if it helped my score or not so any insight would be awesome!

changed from this. There was no comments on this before i disputed it.

FINGERHUT/WEBBANK
Hide Details XXXX 11/21/2014 $0   11/09/2015   CHARGE-OFF N/A   FINGERHUT/WEBBANK

6250 Ridgewood Rd
Saint Cloud, MN-563030820
(866) 734-0342

Account Number:   Status: CHARGE-OFF  Account Owner: Individual Account.  High Credit:   Type of Account : Installment Credit Limit:   Term Duration: 6 Months  Terms Frequency: Monthly (due every month)  Date Opened: 11/21/2014   Balance: $0   Date Reported: 11/09/2015   Amount Past Due:   Date of Last Payment: 03/2015  Actual Payment Amount:   Scheduled Payment Amount:   Date of Last Activity: N/A Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 08/2015  Months Reviewed: 12 Creditor Classification:   Activity Designator: N/A Charge Off Amount:   Deferred Payment Start Date:   Balloon Payment Amount:   Balloon Payment Date:   Date Closed:   Type of Loan: Installment Sales Contract  Date of First Delinquency: 04/2015  Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress  

To this

Account Name Account Number Date Opened Balance Date Reported Past Due Status Credit Limit FINGERHUT/WEBBANK 
Hide Details XXXX  11/21/2014  $0    10/03/2016    CHARGE-OFF   FINGERHUT/WEBBANK

6250 Ridgewood Rd
Saint Cloud, MN-563030820
(866) 734-0342

Account Number: XXXX  Status: CHARGE-OFF  Account Owner: Individual Account.  High Credit:   Type of Account : Installment Credit Limit:   Term Duration: 6 Months  Terms Frequency: Monthly (due every month)  Date Opened: 11/21/2014   Balance: $0   Date Reported: 10/03/2016  Amount Past Due:   Date of Last Payment: 03/2015  Actual Payment Amount:   Scheduled Payment Amount:   Date of Last Activity: N/A Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 08/2015  Months Reviewed: 12  Creditor Classification:   Activity Designator: Transfer/Sold  Charge Off Amount:   Deferred Payment Start Date:   Balloon Payment Amount:   Balloon Payment Date:   Date Closed:   Type of Loan: Installment Sales Contract  Date of First Delinquency: 04/2015  Comments: Paid charge off  

LVNV is still in dispute, should be done by the 8th but it did re report today

LVNV FUNDING LLC

PO Box 10497
Ste 110, Ms 576
Greenville, SC-296030497
(866) 464-1183

Account Number: XXXX  Status: COLLECTION ACCOUNT  Account Owner: Individual Account.  High Credit: $114   Type of Account : Open Credit Limit: $0   Term Duration:   Terms Frequency:   Date Opened: 10/28/2015   Balance: $114   Date Reported: 10/03/2016  Amount Past Due: $114  Date of Last Payment:   Actual Payment Amount: $0   Scheduled Payment Amount: $0   Date of Last Activity: N/A Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 01/2016  Months Reviewed: 7  Creditor Classification: Financial  Activity Designator: N/A  Charge Off Amount:   Deferred Payment Start Date:   Balloon Payment Amount:   Balloon Payment Date:   Date Closed:   Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt buyer)  Date of First Delinquency: 04/2015  Comments: Consumer disputes this account information,
Collection account  

So after the dispute is over my best course would be A Pay for delete to LVNV? and then a GW letter to fingerhut? And by the way my fico score are higher than my credit karma and equifax scores, any way to range the jump my fico equifax score would have based on my fako equifax score jump of 42?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that on the finger but account they took off the 4 missed payments and the 3 charge off months they reported in 2015!so now it just show like 8 months of on time payments and the rest all the way up until like augustbofb2015!at not reported
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my Equifax fico jumped up from 496 to 525 over the past week, im getting ready to send out Pay for Delete letters, 3 of the cards have been charged off this year, should i say im willing to pay off the intitial credit limit, or the balance? Any idea what kinda score jump i can see from getting the accounts removed? Probably about 20 late marks total across the accounts 30,60,90,120 late marks and then the charge of marks.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So as of right now my scores have jumped to Equifax 576 Transunion 580 and Experian 589. I'm amazed! I've only gotten 1 collection removed. Started a revolving Lin of credit through my bank and got a 500 secured card but the secured card hasn't even reported yet. Sending out letter to try to get late remarks removed from student loans and going to call and try to pay off my charge offs since they have a balance that's affecting my credit. 1 has already been sent to collections after a no go for pay for delete but collections hasn't reported yet so going to pay before they do! Thoughts of an increase after I pay the 4 charge offs and pay the 114 Lvnv collection?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.