Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise on my Public record please

tag
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Advise on my Public record please

On my TU and EX I have a judgement and need to know how to delete. It's a private student loan, but civil judgement.... Odd I know, but I just want it gone.

Judgment in favor of: 
Blank UNIVERSITY.

Status Details:  This item is scheduled to continue on record until Mar 2015.

Date Filed:
03/07/2008
Date Resolved:
NA
Responsibility:
Individual 
Claim Amount:
$5,488
Liability Amount:
NA

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advise on my Public record please

Does anyone know how to handle this situation

Message 2 of 17
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Student_Loans_Kill wrote:

Does anyone know how to handle this situation

Is it paid?

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar situation, with a student loan  judgement that has been paid and has been reported as paid on TU and EQ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Message 4 of 17
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

No it's not paid yet, I julled pulled reports. But if I pay, I guess PFD would not work correct?

Message 5 of 17
annielorie
Valued Contributor

If this is not a paid judgement you are in the best position to negoitiate.  Although univ. has judgement that does not get them paid.  You should call university someone who handles delinquencies and negoitate for deletion.. from all 4 credit agencies did you go to court ? were you properly served?

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 6 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The two basic paths for handling deletion of a judgment are (1) to get the judgment itself vacated, and then argue CR deletion based on the removal of the judgment, and (2) to get the party who reported the adverse item to the CRA to delete their prior reporting.

Getting a judgment vacated requires a motion before the court, as only the court can vacate their own judgment.  Some courts wont vacate a judgment unless their is some showing of legal or procedural error in the proceeding.  However, some courts will vacate a judgment based on its satisfaction (payment).  I suggest you give a call to the clerk of the judgment court and have a chit-chat about the practice of your specific judgment court.  If vacating based on payment is an option before that court, then you can pursue that path.

You can also, similar to any other information reported to a CRA, get the reporting party to simply report its deletion to the CRA.  The normal problem with that approach is that in most instances, the name of the actual reporting party is not known.  CRAs hire private firms to research public records and report them. They are not usually reported by the court itself, and sometimes not even by the judgment creditor.

I suggest first making a call to the clerk of the court, and seek advice on the practice of that court.

Message 7 of 17
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Thanks Robert EG I said deletion I should have said vacate the judgement. Probably been on site a little to long today!!Smiley LOL

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay the judgement amount off. You call the univeristy (or whomever is handling the collections for them) and negotiate payment arrangments. If you have a decent sum of money (i.e., $3500), you can ask if they would accept that as payment in full. If they say yes, you get it in writing, and pay them. Once it is paid then work on getting it off your report. It will stay on your report until March 2015, BUT they are allowed to renew the judgement for another 7 years, making that March 2022.

Message 9 of 17
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

That may be my last baddie attempted due to the amount. I will just pay in full and send the Vice President a good will letter explaining what happened in 2006 with the FEMA disaster. Hopefully they take my certified Bank Check. I will ask her to remove judgement and collection and explain to her it was important forr me to pay this in full because without the loan I wouldn't have graduated.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.