Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni Collection Help

tag
cdub69
Regular Contributor

Afni Collection Help

I have a collection from AFNI, I sent a PFD request but was denied.Has anyone had any success getting AFNI to agree with a PFD?Is it possible to have the account sent back to AT&T?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Afni Collection Help

Sent you an email. Send DV and then see what will be the answer. Also dispute it with CRA

@cdub69 wrote:

I have a collection from AFNI, I sent a PFD request but was denied.Has anyone had any success getting AFNI to agree with a PFD?Is it possible to have the account sent back to AT&T?

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Why would the OP dispute this with the CRA?  Also, the OP appears to agree that this is a valid debt - just wanting to do a PFD or get AT&T to recall it.

Just curious why you are suggesting the above for what appears to be a valid debt.  What grounds would he have for disputing it?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 9
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

How old is the debt? Is it past the SOL at all? What is your state's SOL? I wouldn't suggest disputing unless we know a little more, and like redsox says, have a valid reason for disputing.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 4 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to agree with the above posters about the disputing.  Unless there is a valid reason to dispute I would forgo that.  Try again for the PFD.  It was asked if it was within the SOL, if it is outside of it, it might give you a little more bargaining room.

It is against the norm for CAs to do a PFD, so remember that it is a type of GW that you are asking for when you do this.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 9
cdub69
Regular Contributor

The debt has been verified and is still within SOL. I live in Texas

Message 6 of 9
myersmatthew

I also received an AFNI collection from Att back in February. I called and ask for PFD and was denied too. So I went ahead and PIF via their online website before the 30 days to reply/dispute/whatever (I actually paid a week after I received the notice) and it never posted to any credit bureaus. Maybe I was just a fluke and got lucky but if they aren't going to PFD then I would do what I did.

Message 7 of 9
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Well it looks like the SOL is 4 years across the board for Texas... Is the SOL close to being up, or is it fairly recent? Sometimes people have better luck if the debt is older with PFDs. Have you made any payments at all to the account in question? I'm not sure how Texas works when restarting the SOL, but I can look it up.

When you offered the PFD, did you offer a percentage of the debt or a PIF? If it is more recent, offering a PFD with PIF would be more enticing, in my opinion. If it is older, yet still within the SOL obviously, offering 65-70% might work out. I wouldn't really offer less than 60-65% if it's within SOL though, but that really depends on the specific situation and the company you're dealing with.

Also, there are members on this board that have had success with PFD payment plans. Offering a payments plan might work out with this company better, too. I haven't worked with them personally, though. Maybe do a search among the community boards?

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 8 of 9
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@xaiduz114 wrote:

Well it looks like the SOL is 4 years across the board for Texas... Is the SOL close to being up, or is it fairly recent? Sometimes people have better luck if the debt is older with PFDs. Have you made any payments at all to the account in question? I'm not sure how Texas works when restarting the SOL, but I can look it up.

When you offered the PFD, did you offer a percentage of the debt or a PIF? If it is more recent, offering a PFD with PIF would be more enticing, in my opinion. If it is older, yet still within the SOL obviously, offering 65-70% might work out. I wouldn't really offer less than 60-65% if it's within SOL though, but that really depends on the specific situation and the company you're dealing with.

Also, there are members on this board that have had success with PFD payment plans. Offering a payments plan might work out with this company better, too. I haven't worked with them personally, though. Maybe do a search among the community boards?

They are rumored on the boards to be more willing to do a GW removal than a PFD. I have read about many people who have been shot down for a PFD, paid it, and then had success at a GW. I was able to do a GW with them a few months after paying also.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.