cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni Collection, and EOS CCA, PFD, and other questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Afni Collection, and EOS CCA, PFD, and other questions.

These are the only two collections on my report. One if from an ATT acount from 2010 for 800. Disputed it, they validated, and now im stuck. The afni is for Direct TV. I've read some people have had luck with PFD with EOS, but not AFNI. Someone told me to call direct TV directly, offer to pay, if they pull it back and delete. Record the conversation on my phone, and then inform them that they need to delete it. And if they don't, sue, which im prepared to do. These are my last remaining baddies and I want them gone!!! Can someone help with some ingiht? Any help is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Afni Collection, and EOS CCA, PFD, and other questions.

Yes, if you dont feel that the debt collector will accept a PFD, an alternative is to persuade the creditor to first terminate their assigned collection authority,and then accept your payment.  CRA policy instructs debt collectors to delete if their collection authority has been terminated with the debt remaining unpaid.

It is not a requriment of the FCRA, and is not imposed on the creditor.

The creditor cannot agree to or delete reporting that they did not make.

If the creditor terminates the assigned collection authority and you then pay the creditor, you would not sue the creditor for any lack of deletion.

Your beef is then with the debt collector for lack of their complance with CRA policy.

Remedy would be to file a complaint/dispute with the CRA for lack of compliance of the debt collector with their credit reporting obligation to follow CRA reporting policy as set forth in their reporitng agreement with the CRA,

Message 2 of 6
asgor
Valued Member

Update with if you have any luck with AFNI...I have sent emails and letters with no success :-(

Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If I remember, I had an Afni collection when I started my rebuild and was successful getting it deleted by paying and the goodwill gesture.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I spoke directly with direct TV. My account was paid in ful and closed in 2013 and all eqipment returned. So now, I will be disputing it to have it deleted. If they don't, I have someone ready to sue. Now...on EOS CCA for the old ATT bill. Can someone help me with a letter and who to send it to to settle and PFD? I do owe that one, and I'm willing to pay to have it deleted. If I can save some money while doing that...great..Any help?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys, any help would be greatly appreciated for anyone with experience with EOS CCA😀
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.