Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni Delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Afni Delete

I have this account with TMobile for 380.00 I have been talking to them on the phone trying to make a settlement with them and they agreed to 50% but would not delete so I didn't pay for it but I received a letter in the mail on 05/21/2012 that stated that they were going to delete it from My credit so I sent the letter to all 3 credit companies to have it removed ASAP because I am trying to get a pre-approval on a home but today I got an email from Experian that the investagation was completed and that it was updated which means -a change was made to this item review this report to see the change.  If ownership of this item was dispute, then it was verified as belonging to you..... What does this mean??? Did I miss up by sending that should I have just waited to see if it was deleted. What should I do now???? Please Help me someone I really need this tooken care of. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Afni Delete

I recommend joining eliminateidentitytheft.com 12.95 a month all three reports everyday can cancel whenever. Check report before you freak out. 

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

If they (CA) agreed to delete it will take up to 30 days. EX is not going to delete themselves just because you sent a letter stating as such.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing is that they never agreed to it by talking to me but they did send that letter to me saying that they were deleting.  So I should just wait the 30 days from the date on the letter to pull credit again?

Message 4 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, that's what I would do

Message 5 of 12
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:

If they (CA) agreed to delete it will take up to 30 days. EX is not going to delete themselves just because you sent a letter stating as such.

+1 - the CA's will only delete if not verified - anyone over at AFNI could have verified - often the various departments are ignorant to what the others are doing so even though it is scheduled to be deleted, up to and until it is, there is likely some other drone validating it

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my credit again today and the CA re reported to my credit as of 06/05/2012.... What is the deal I am confussed on what to do...... Please someone help me Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 12
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Call the CA and try to speak to the person you dealt with if not get a supervisor and clear it up. Chances are the right hand isnt talking to the left hand. Dont panic. Call and try to rectify.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing that has me worried is because when I talked to them they didn't want to delete, but then I received this letter from them and when I sent it to the credit companies I guess they put in another dispute and that was the result of that is for then to place it back on the credit report and new now.

Message 9 of 12
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing that has me worried is because when I talked to them they didn't want to delete, but then I received this letter from them and when I sent it to the credit companies I guess they put in another dispute and that was the result of that is for then to place it back on the credit report and new now.

That is exactly what is happening to me, I paid a debt from Sprint that should have been deleted once I paid it because I never received their letter. I paid 450 of the 612 that was owed. But the account was in dispute from earlier in May so they updated the account to say I still owe 162! I called and spoke to somebody and basically said yes they will delete just give it about two weeks.

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.