Regular Contributor
proudnavymom

Re: Afni Delete

I had a $638 collection with T-Mobile that Afni was reporting.  T-Mobile was not reporting.   Afni kept sending me settlement letters.  The last one that I received was an offer to settle for $50. I tried to get them to agree to a PFD, but they refused--kept saying that they don't exchange payments for deletions.   I decided to pay the settlement so I could be rid of it, and figured that if someone did a manual review of my CR at least they would see that it was paid even though it was settled for a lesser amount.  This was early in my rebuilding, but if I had to do it over again I would have asked for them to note it simply as paid, not 0 balance, paid, settled for a lesser amount.  I was able to get Asset Acceptance to do that with a collection that I had with them after I learned on here to ask for it.  Within a couple of weeks, my CR was updated to the original balance minus the $50 payment, and within another couple of weeks was updated to paid with a 0 balance, but settled for a lesser amount.  I made another phone call to Afni asking for a GW deletion, but they refused saying again that they don't exchange payments for deletions.  I decided to just let it go for a while before I tried again.  About a month later to my great surprise, the Afni entry disappeared from my credit report.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 5/31/2014 FICO 671 EQ 7/5/14 FICO 667 EX 5/31/2014 658 FICO
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Established Member
rubberman365

Re: Afni Delete

[ Edited ]

Hopefully ill get my delete soon> 

Have a blessed day! =)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+