Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni GW response.

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Afni GW response.

Hi all,

I sent my GW  email to the recoveryteam@afni.com and this is the response I received:

Afni thanks you for your payment. Accordingly, in the normal course of business, Afni  has reported that we have received payment in full of your account, and has reported a $0 balance.  This reflects the accurate status of this account.  We understand that you are seeking removal of this tradeline from your credit report; however, to remain in good standing with the credit reporting agencies, Afni’s policy is to furnish the accurate status only.

I should have done a PFD, so depressing....   What should I do next ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Afni GW response.

Send them 1 letter a month till you get what you are after.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's luck of the draw with them. I just sent a PFD email last Thursday and got a response saying basically that they couldn't find it, so they will be requesting it be removed from my credit report. Also sent it through the mail, so I'm hoping I receive something that way as well. Don't give up.

Message 3 of 8
huck1081
Regular Contributor

@cjane1 wrote:

Hi all,

I sent my GW  email to the recoveryteam@afni.com and this is the response I received:

Afni thanks you for your payment. Accordingly, in the normal course of business, Afni  has reported that we have received payment in full of your account, and has reported a $0 balance.  This reflects the accurate status of this account.  We understand that you are seeking removal of this tradeline from your credit report; however, to remain in good standing with the credit reporting agencies, Afni’s policy is to furnish the accurate status only.

I should have done a PFD, so depressing....   What should I do next ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

How long until you heard back from them? I just sent my first GW on Monday.

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a phone number of a person I was told to contact from Afni after payment was made.  I haven't called him yet though (I disputed through Transunion and got it deleted, Experian updated as Paid and closed,  still waiting on Equifax dispute).  You're welcome to PM for the phone number and let me know how it goes.

Message 5 of 8
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

I sent the email on 8/16 and got the return email on the 19th. Hopefully you have better luck.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep trying. They told me they wouldn't delete via email then one day they said they would and confirmed via a letter.
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In my opinion, the key will likely be who you next contact rather then how often.

They have cited as their reason for not deleting as reamining in good standing with the CRAs.

That is a reference to the CRA policy that furnishers not delete their reporting based on the consumer having paid the debt.

That policy is incorporated into all their credit reporting agreements.  Many furnishers will thus implement standard guidelines to their underlings instructing them of a standard non-dletion policy.

Continuing to make requests, be their by phone, letter, or email, that reach the desk of underlings is apt to meet with the same compliance with standard policy.

You are seeking an exception to whatever standard policy they have implemented.

Exceptions are granted by managers, not general workforce employess.  I would address subsequent commonucations to progressively senior managers.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.