Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni Success!

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: Received a Response!! Is it real?

@100M wrote:

After reading a few of these Afni related threads, I emailed a PFD to Afni this morning.  I offered to pay in full ($248.43) and also attached a copy of  a settlement offer ($50) they sent me a month ago. This afternoon, they emailed me this .pdf letter on company letterhead. I know several people have recieved this response after sending a PFD.  Have they actually deleted the account from your CRs, and did you go through with payment?  I have not paid yet, but I am willing and ready to, to ensure that this comes off of my CRs.

Thoughts?

Afni, Inc.
P.O. Box 3427
Bloomington, IL 61702-3427
March 24, 2011
Afni, Inc. Account #: ************
Creditor Account #: ************
My Name & Address
Original Creditor: T-MOBILE
Balance: $248.43
This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit
report.
If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday through Friday 7am – 9pm CT.
You have the right to inspect your credit. This letter is from a debt collector.
Sincerely,
Afni, Inc.

Technically, this letter says the already sent the request--not that they would send the request upon receipt of payment.  Your PFD attempt may have turned into an outright deletion, no strings attached.

I would hold off on payment and keep a copy of that letter and hold onto it for dear life in case they ever re-report after it gets deleted.  If they re-report, you should be able to win a dispute with the CRA by sending them a copy of that letter.

Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't Pay Afni, Inc.

I saw the request for deletion letter you asked Afni to send to the credit bureau.  They WILL NOT send letters unless they receive your payment first - you are correct.   I'm a former employee and give you the low-down on ALL the immoral standards and practices in that so-called "business."    Don't send money!!!  Please don't.

Message 32 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Afni Success!

You don't need to pay at all.   Just "deny" that it is your social security number and birth date when they ask to verify.  Or.........better yet, just claim ID Theft and be done.  Within MINUTES of asking them to file an ID Theft report.........the account is closed by supervisors and done!  Period.   And when they state that "there will be an investigation into family members and/or people at  your address......"   do NOT believe them.   There is no such investigation.  It just gets closed.   No more. 

Message 33 of 51
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Another friendly reminder that the forum's Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines say. among other things:

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 34 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please PM the  email address for the purpose of PFD?

Message 35 of 51
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

I would dispute it!!!  if they cant find it for YOU TO PAY, then chances are super that the CRA's would have the same luck when validating the debt...  Smiley Happy

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an acct. with them and settled for a less amount. Keep the documentation and then make copies to send to the 3 bureaus.

Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard back from them saying they would delete my account from the 3 credit bureaus, Unfortunately they got the last number on my account wrong in the letter they sent so I dont know if they're deleting mine or the other persons..I emailed twice to find out but they haven't replied

Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please PM the email address?

Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

To anyone who has received a response from Afni about their account being deleted, have you still made payment after receiving there response?
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.