Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni Success!

tag
Shawndajoy
Established Member

Re: Afni Success!

Can you tell me how you were able to get them to offer a settlement then delete PLEASE. Smiley Sad I'm wanting to pay on my account but wanted to get some strategy ideas first. Thanks so much!

Message 51 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent me a settlement letter with no prompting on my part.  Likely they sent me one because my account is about 5 years old and they are trying to recoup anything that they can.  They have sent me several settlement letters over the years, but only now did I try to get closure because I'd like to refinance.

Even without an official settlement letter from them, you are able to give them a settlement amount you are willing to pay in your PFD.  My PFD basically said I received a settlement letter in the amount of $100.00, I dispute the amount, but am willing to pay it in exchange for a deletion.  I would say try to personalize it a bit as I'm sure they get the same letters all the time, but that's just my opinion.  Search the board for examples.  Here is one you can look at:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/m-p/4519/message-uid/4519#...

Hope this is helpful and good luck!

My Update:  Equifax and Experian are no longer reporting this collection.  Gotta check TransUnion now.  Yippee!

Message 52 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

After offering PFD several times and getting nowhere, I finally sent AFNI a DV letter, certified with return receipt. They deleted from all 3 reports and I received a letter from them confirming the deletion! Smiley Very Happy

Message 53 of 61
Shawndajoy
Established Member

HI!  Anyway you can tell me who you wrote your DV letter to specifically and maybe how you worded it? I'm been sending them PFD, but no luck just verifying debt... Please let me know. thanks so much! Smiley Happy Oh, and how long did it take from DV letter to deletion?

Message 54 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious how you sent your PFD.  Via mail or email?  How did you word it? 

Message 55 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried via email a few times using the generic AFNI recovery team email, not any specific person. I used this template.

The first time they replied with my account# and OC's name (I guess they thought I was trying to DV). I tried a 2nd time at a different hour, and someone replied saying they did not do PFD.

I tried emailing a couple of more times and received no response at all. It could be because I changed the language slightly to say that according to their reporting it was out my state's SOL so they could no longer sue me for it and it was due to fall off my reports in 2012. If they did not accept my PFD offer, then I would ignore it and they wouldn't benefit at all. At no point did I admit the debt was mine.

I was a bit confused about why they did not accept my offers to pay in full. I decided to DV them using this template. I sent it out CMRR and they received it on Jan. 10, 2011. When I pulled my reports on Jan. 20, 2011 it was already gone.

Message 56 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used this template to DV. I sent it out CMRR and they received it on Jan. 10, 2011. When I pulled my reports on Jan. 20, 2011 it was already gone. See my previous post for more details. Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 61
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

ZWRe: Afni Success!

FINALLY! After almost 2 years, multiple disputes, multiple PFD attempts, and multiple Better Business Bureau complaints, AFNI has finally agreed to delete my VZW collection that I didn't even owe in the first place.  This was in response to my latest BBB complaint. Of course, even after agreeing to delete, they still won't admit they were wrong.  They had to add the following statement:  "This action does not indicate the account was not due and owing, simply that Afni is ceasing collections on the same."

Now, I am resisting the urge to pull my report again to see the affect on my scores--don't think they would have deleted that quickly, though, so I'm not gonna pay for a new report quite yet.  Patience.

Message 58 of 61
jmangoalie

Re: ZWRe: Afni Success!

Has anyone emailed a goodwill letter to AFNI lately and what was the result?

Message 59 of 61
sportyloc107
Established Member

Re: ZWRe: Afni Success!

hello im having this problem with a att bill on my report by this company...can someone that had success with them please point me in the right direction for a pfd? a sample letter or email or something..thanks in advance my good people.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.