cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni collection on my credit report?! Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Afni collection on my credit report?! Please help!

I just pulled my credit report and it is showing AFNI trying to collect debt from AT&T. I called to try to do a pay for deletion, but was unsuccessful. I have emailed the recovery team as many have done in the past, but have not hear back. Is there someone I can speak with? My credit score dropped from 721 to 656. So obviously, I'm close to crying lol. Any help would be appreciated. I owe $685 which I plan to pay in full. I moved and I cancelled service but never saw the pending bill. I'm an early 20s year old, so my experience with this stuff is very limited. However, I'd like to buy a house three years out and need to start focusing on my credit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
huck1081
Regular Contributor

Re: Afni collection on my credit report?! Please help!

They will not PFD. I had a very small collection with them and just paid it in full, and am trying to GW it off now. Your best bet is to call in and ask for a manager, ask them to pfd and if they don't just pay it, then start sending GW letters to them. Others on here have had success with a GW.

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.