Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afni inc/Sprint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Afni inc/Sprint

I was sent to collections by afni for a sprint bill that I never even knew existed. I tried to dispute directly to through the bureaus, experian removed the tradeline but equifax is not being the nicest person right now and I havent heard from transunion but I did file a complaint with the CFPB which helped they agreed to remove the tradelines from all three credit bureaus which is great but does anyone know how long does that take

or should I send the bureau a copy of the email I received from CFPB to speed up the process?

3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Afni inc/Sprint

What was the basis for the complaint filed with the CFPB?

The CFPB normally requires final resolution of any dispute filed with the CRAs before becoming involved in oversight of their resolution of disputes.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

What was the basis for the complaint filed with the CFPB?

The CFPB normally requires final resolution of any dispute filed with the CRAs before becoming involved in oversight of their resolution of disputes.

Honestly I have no idea what any of this means. I did not know that the CFPB needed the final resolution. 

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CFPB has administrative enforecement jurisdiction over assertions of non-compliance with provisions of the FCRA.

The FCRA dispute process is provided to handle initial consumer assertions of inaccurate reporting.

The CFPB does not handle consumer disputes, they handle complaints asserting some non-compliance with some provision of the FCRA.

If any issue is the inaccuracy of information, the FCRA provides a dispute procedure for consumers to raise their assertion of inaccuracy, requriing the CRA to refer that dispute to the furnisher, the furnisher to then respond back to the CRA, and the CRA to then make a formal determination as to the accuracy of the disputed information.

Until the dispute process has run its course, the outcome of the dispute is unknown. 

The CFPB will thus not have basis to evaluate whether the CRA has violated any provisions of the dispute process until it has first run its course.

What, exactly, was the substance of the complaint that was filed with the CFPB?

Was it simply the same as your dispute?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.