Did you mean: 

Afni turned me down again

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Afni turned me down again

Hi all,

This is the second time I have emailed Afni with the same response:

Afni thanks you for your payment. Accordingly, in the normal course of business, Afni will report that that we have received payment in full of your account, and will report a $0 balance.  This will reflect the accurate status of this account.  We understand that you are seeking removal of this tradeline from your credit report; however, to remain in good standing with the credit reporting agencies, Afni’s policy is to furnish the accurate status only. 

I was truthful with the reasoning of deleting the collection off my acct but it didn't help. Should I just keep sending it every couple of weeks until someone who reads it feels sorry and deletes. On the bright side my scores are going up because of credit cards that now have and of course paying them on time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Afni turned me down again

I would definitely keep sendin them the goodwill requests at least once a month.  Collection agencies tend to cave much easier than major credit card companies in terms of deleting derogs.  Send your requests to different people within the company, including of course the CEO.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Afni turned me down again

I don't know how many times Afni sent me that same response. It was removed from 2 credit bureaus when I made the payment 2 years previous but not the 3rd. After being so fed up I called and spoke to a supervisor and told her that it was initially agreed that I would settled the account and you would delete from all credit reports. She was a little rude but I explained to her that the collection was removed from 2 credit bureaus but not all. She said that would have have to send an update through efile and it would take 30-45 days. It was removed a fews days later. Good luck!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.