Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Cap 1 PC next Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After Cap 1 PC next Steps

ok, bc i hear about a lot of ppl getting theirs at around the 60-63 day mark. today is 63 for me. i always make several payments a month. way more than the minimum. so i requested one this morning but have not heard back yet....so, fingers crossed. how did they notify u?

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the same site I use to view and pay my bill I clicked on the Services tab. 

Clicked I wanted a CLI a few questions popped up, salary, housing costs, clicked submit. 

within a minute or two the screen showed my proposed CLI and asked if i wanted to accept it..

It was small, but I took it.   By the way, my account is 3 months old. 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

You need to get your FICO scores. Cap1 is Vantage as is CK. Then check for pre-quals...

I agree - get your true FICO scores. Also app for the QS1 card.

One other question, would the small CLI that I did mange to get on the QS card (3k line, $250.00 CLI) indicate that maybe I'm reaching the end of my credit rope for now, meaning I should steer clear of any new apps even with Cap 1? 

Got my CS from CCT EX672 TU627 EQ686,

I also found a few things being reported accurately that need to be cleaned up. 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

You need to get your FICO scores. Cap1 is Vantage as is CK. Then check for pre-quals...

One other question, would the small CLI that I did mange to get on the QS card (3k line, $250.00 CLI) indicate that maybe I'm reaching the end of my credit rope for now, meaning I should steer clear of any new apps even with Cap 1? 

Got my CS from CCT EX672 TU627 EQ686,

I also found a few things being reported accurately that need to be cleaned up. 

Not necessarily. It could be anything from usage patterns on the card, to score not changing (or not having a recent soft pull to view). They may just give a token starting limit of $500, but you still need that extra credit line to help boost your scores up.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

Kept putting it off, was nervous as hell (felt like a 12 year old getting ready to ask a girl to the dance)  finally pulled the trigger and was happily (and surprisingly)  approved for the QS1 at 3k. Thanks for the advice.

I"m guessing my next steps are to lay low for a while.

I was thinking that I might try to do one of those credit builder loans with DCU or my local CU?

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

Kept putting it off, was nervous as hell (felt like a 12 year old getting ready to ask a girl to the dance)  finally pulled the trigger and was happily (and surprisingly)  approved for the QS1 at 3k. Thanks for the advice.

I"m guessing my next steps are to lay low for a while.

I was thinking that I might try to do one of those credit builder loans with DCU or my local CU?

Congrats on both cards.  What other tradelines do you have? 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is all: QS (PC'ed from Plat) and the QS1.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is all: QS (PC'ed from Plat) and the QS1.

No student loans, car loan, or mortgage?

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

None.

Never had Student Loans (went to cheap schools and worked and paid my own tuition) ;

the cars I have are pretty old, the loans were paid long before the BK,

the mortgage was included and wasn''t reaffirmed (doing stay and pay).

So just the two cards.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

None.

Never had Student Loans (went to cheap schools and worked and paid my own tuition) ;

the cars I have are pretty old, the loans were paid long before the BK,

the mortgage was included and wasn''t reaffirmed (doing stay and pay).

So just the two cards.

Then the rebuilder loan is a great idea.Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.